Contact: Jenny Dore
Telephone: 086 0449371
Buyer / Planner
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Buyer / Planner for their site.
The Buyer will be responsible for management and supply of all inventory/non-BOM parts, cost effectively through appropriate vendors, while optimizing inventory levels and ensuring availability of materials in line with planned requirements.
The Buyer will work closely with Production Planning, Production, Accounts, Warehouse, Engineering, QA, QC, and Tech Support / Product Development as required
What Will I Be Doing?
- Scheduling, management & monitoring of production to meet customer requirements while ensuring a minimum of 98% customer service level while maintaining inventory at agreed levels.
- Proactively identify, report, and escalate constraints within the end-to-end Supply Chain
- Develop production plans to meet budget and forecast timelines.
- Manage the supply of raw materials inventory/non-BOM materials ensuring a high standard of customer service without disruption to the production plan.
- Management of any VMI or consignment models.
- Understand and maintain the minimum necessary raw materials and finished goods inventory and report on the status of inventory levels against inventory targets.
- Measure and report material shortages
- Maintain accurate item master data e.g. lead times, batch size, safety stock target, etc. to ensure 100% system data accuracy at all times.
- Planning model maintenance and updating, incorporating a full understanding of how the planning model functions, identifying and resolving anomalies, and participation in efforts to implement continuous improvement in how the planning model functions.
- Expedite or de-expedite product as required
- Ensure and maintain realistic dates on PO's for accuracy of information
- Expedite or de-expedite product as required, ensuring material availability at all times, whilst meeting agreed inventory targets.
- Generate and present daily / weekly / monthly reports and metrics as appropriate
- Represent the "Voice of the Customer" within the business.
- Develop capacity plans within respective work centres.
- Participate in NPI and product launches by partaking in meetings, offering constructive advice and collaborating with the Operations, Marketing and Customer to ensure a successful product launch.
- Third level qualification with 3+ years' experience in buyer / planner roles.
- Thorough knowledge of day to day practises within MRP II environment.
- IIPMM or APICS qualification preferred but not essential.
- Conversant with company policies/ procedures/ regulatory and FDA standards.
For further information on this Buyer role in Cork please contact Jenny on 0860449371 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval