Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Buyer/Planner for their site.
The primary purpose of this job is to Plan the Manufacturing and Positioning of Cork made Product to ensure Customer and Business Requirements are successfully met.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the effective coordination of the material planning, purchasing and production scheduling function and ensuring timely delivery to customers of finished products.
- Identifies raw material and component requirements for production from engineering and production spec. Monitors planning modules or production planning system with current lead times, and related information.
- Collects information regarding raw material, component and related requirements from engineering and production specifications and schedules.
- Prepares schedules and ensures timely completion of work orders for manufacturing purposes.
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve investment through inventory entitlement model for applicable production line
- Analyses product demand, sales patters, and forecasts, as well as production specifications and plant and supplier capacity data.
- Reviews capacity loads and identifies possible manufacturing constraints. Monitors and anticipates production issues due to capacity, and new product launches.
- Establishes effective communication with various groups such as customers, sales offices, suppliers and/or plant production departments as required.
- Monitors work orders from start to ensure the on time delivery of products
- Ensures accuracy of signals for the timely ordering and delivery of components to support manufacturing activities
- Prepares production/planning reports as required. Analyses month end activity to determine the need for forecast modification, recommends revisions.
- Participates in new product launch meetings and assists in developing new product forecasts and production schedules.
- Reviews support documents for scheduling such as route sheets, enters all requirements into the planning system or process as required
- Support Plant or manufacturing unit supply S&OP as required
- Manages and/or maintains raw material inventory investment according to inventory entitlement models and drives improvement opportunities.
- Takes appropriate action in resolving discrepancies in order quantity, price and seeks corrective action on late deliveries.
- Coordinates and follows up with production, warehouse, supply chain and others, as required, to ensure appropriate procurement, scheduling and movement of materials and services.
- Assures accuracy of database of suppliers of products used in manufacturing process.
- Prepares orders to vendors for raw materials, packaging materials, parts, components, services, supplies, finished goods and related material needed for production.
- Supports evaluation of potential suppliers.
- Inventories goods received and identify discrepancies in order quantity and price.
- Checks scheduled delivery dates and makes initial contact with suppliers on late deliveries.
- Escalates issues and notifies appropriate personnel/management as appropriate.
- Checks with warehouse and production regarding availability and movement of materials to detect shortages or overages.
- Leads supplier or component S&OP and supplier RCCP as required.
- Leads and identifies improvement opportunities for plant manufacturing unit supply S&OP as required
- Identifies and drives Lean or Six Sigma improvement initiatives.
- Adheres to the Company?s procedures as detailed in the SOP manual
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor?s degree or higher
- Advanced data reporting and analytical skills.
- APICS Certification
Green Belt six-sigma certification
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Experienced ERP / Planning Systems User, able to execute in an ERP System
- Supply chain experience in medical device or pharmaceutical industry
- Contract manufacturing experience
- Working knowledge of financial processes
- Demonstrated use of Leadership Imperatives
- Applies understanding of cycle time, throughput, labor efficiency, and related concepts to drive alignment with overall Production Plan to ensure raw materials are in place to support production
- Demonstrates understanding of the impact of equipment downtime and adjusts daily production plans accordingly
- Leverages knowledge of the production and planning processes to identify opportunities to improve the initial plan, (i.e. through the application of lean processes)
- Data mining skills through MS-Excel (or Equivalent) Strong organization skills and an aptitude for planning.
- Accuracy with attention to detail
- Ability to translate complex situations into simple working solutions
- Proactive approach
- Persuading and influencing others
- Can drive continuous process improvements.
- Proficient user of MS Office, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Able to work with limited supervision
For further information on this Buyer/Planner role in Cork please contact Carmel Holmes on 0212066287/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval