As a key member of the Supply Chain Team you role will be to support the procurement, planning and inventory management of material for new product introduction and continuous production.
As a key member of the Supply Chain Team you role will be to support the procurement, planning and inventory management of material for new product introduction and continuous production. You will be a key contributor in implementing inventory reduction strategies, driving the development of Oracle supply chain functionality, cost reduction and support the S&OP Supply Review process. The position reports to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Procure materials for assigned departments. Prioritize, schedule critical material orders and negotiate with vendors to determine and assure best quality/service.
- Source new raw materials / suppliers when required.
- Maintain and develop MRP including the placement of purchase orders, updating of pricing and following up of order confirmations.
- Work closely with other members of the Operations team to identify & minimise risks to supply chain in order to ensure on-time delivery to customers and to resolve any issues that may arise
- Develop and drive inventory reduction strategies and activities to achieve inventory targets and minimise excess & obsolete.
- Identify & implement cost reduction strategies with supplier base
- Perform scheduling and planning functions and develop and utilize ERP systems to achieve execution of production plan to meet customer orders.
- Review materials and capacity requirements for S&OP supply process and highlight potential issues and provide resolutions for potential deviations to plan.
- Liaise closely with relevant functions to ensure the planning and control process is supported by accurate BOMs, routings, yields etc.
- Provide support to other team members in fulfilling the agreed company objectives and strategy.
- 6 years manufacturing experience in a multinational Supply Chain environment with exposure to dealing with global suppliers
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle supply chain functionality is essential.
- Demonstrated achievement of driving inventory reduction initiatives and exposure to lean supply chain techniques.
- Excellent negotiation, planning and analytical skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages in particular Excel.
- Good communicator, team player, proactive and strong interpersonal skills.
For further information on this Buyer/Planner role please contact Bridin on 091730022/ Bridin@HERO.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.