Buyer / Planner II
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Buyer / Planner for their site.
- Responsible for procuring raw materials, components, equipment, tooling, supplies and services, to ensure a 100% customer service level, while achieving the targeted Quality & Cost objectives. Assist in the implementation of sourcing & commodity strategies for all goods and/or services to achieve improvements in all areas of Quality, Cost and Service.
- Requirement & Order Administration: Establishes and/or reviews requirements, generates, adjusts and expedites purchase orders based on MRP results (or results based on other planning systems) and/or on requisition basis along with pertinent information being used to run the business that may influence order execution decisions. Coordinates with the Planners or Budget Owners to maintain optimal service levels and determine the proper priorities for support; Administers Purchase Orders based on authorized spending amount and applicable SOP’s. Keeping informed of any problems/delays caused by Suppliers or general market conditions and communicates any impacts/constraints to the Planner, Business Unit or other discipline impacted by the change. Maintains an excellent working relationship with any entity within (or outside) the company who will be impacted by the work conducted by this role which includes issue resolution, reconciliation of errors and correct the root cause of problems. Interfaces with core functions such as quality, engineering, planning and product development Identify areas of risk and implement mitigating action.
- Supplier Management: Responsible for managing the day-to-day supplier relationship. Monitors and communicates quality and delivery performance within the company and to the supplier; Responsible to resolve supplier related issues and assures a positive and professional business relationship, always establishing and maintaining open lines of communication. Collaborate with Strategic Sourcing, Corporate Groups and other Sites in developing and implementing sourcing strategies and to support global supplier evaluation and selection as well as VIP creation.
- Quality: Adheres to all applicable (Site, Corporate or Regulatory) requirements; Reviews and approves all change requests; Maintains accurate Master Data, AVL, Info record, Source List, e-Req etc. Constantly strives to improve the Quality of goods and services supplied.
- Inventory Management: Formulates purchasing decisions to achieve 100% internal customer service, targeted DIOH and overall lowest TCO (total cost of ownership); Minimise the impact of expired, excess and obsolete materials and dispositions the material appropriately. Identify opportunities to implement best inventory management practices, such as automated Kanban and Consignment Programs.
- Lean, Cost & Other: Perform other tasks as needed in support of achieving the highest level of quality, customer satisfaction and TCO. Assist in the development and implementation of Lean Strategies for improving of all aspects of the operation to improve Quality, deliver reduced cost and minimise waste. Identify cost saving opportunities from existing vendor base. Assist in the in the preparation and execution of the annual materials budget.
- Not applicable.
- Knowledge: A developing professional. Working knowledge and application of business and technical concepts, procedures and practices. General knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards. General understanding of business unit/group function. Exercises judgment when interpreting company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
For further information on Buyer / Planner role in Galway please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.