Our client, a world player providing Payments and Financial Services to the tourist and financial industry internationally is looking to recruit a Senior .NET Developer for its IT division based in Galway.
We are looking for a dynamic and highly talented individual with an innovative mind-set to play a key technical role within an enthusiastic development team that develops software for a large number of financial product lines across multiple .NET platforms. You will serve as a technical expert for the development team and play a lead role throughout the entire project life cycle. The role primarily entails hands on design and development; however, leadership, mentoring, and a general ability to work through others is expected.
As a Principle engineer you will leverage your versatile development experience to guide a team of developers, provide technical oversight for certain development efforts and participate in strategic conversations and plans about a variety of corporate technical initiatives. You will guide your team on technologies, design, and coding, as well as work very closely with Enterprise Architects and Business Analysts to deliver world class applications.
Key Results Area
- Lead design and development of web applications, mobile application and APIs.
- Provide technical leadership to a team of software engineers to build state of the art software.
- Mentoring members of the development team, ramping up newer members and supporting processes to ensure code quality standards are maintained.
- Contributing to the development effort, splitting time between hands-on code delivery and development governance via design reviews, code metrics analysis and code reviews.
- Playing a senior role in project/iteration planning sessions, ensuring proposed short-term estimates are achievable and realistic.
- Work with stakeholders and plan multiple sprints to match releases across various teams.
- Working with the team ensure project milestones are met.
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages of current development tools and methods against alternate solutions, technologies and methodologies.
- Passionate for continuous improvement of processes and software, well versed with complete software engineering lifecycle and practices like Agile and Continuous Integration/Deployment.
- Solve a variety of technical issues that span both software development and operational infrastructure.
- Exercise sound judgment when dealing with moderately complex systems falling outside your direct level of accountability.
- Take ownership and support a number of key tax products.
- 5+ years' experience
- Building large scale complex cloud and mobile systems
- Advanced programming skills and detail knowledge of design patterns
- Strong software development and debug/troubleshooting skills.
- Deep experience with web services and mobile technologies
- Software design and architecture skills
- Good SQL knowledge with experience of writing T-SQL scripts and stored procedures.
- Team motivation techniques
- Enterprise architecture and process improvement skills
- Problem solution and diagnosis skills
- Experience developing unit tests for the Microsoft .NET framework (C#).
- Tax Free background
For further information on this Senior .NET Developer role in Galway please contact Bridin Quinn.