Job ID: JOB-12691
Category Manager – Direct Material
Finding the right company that aligns to your career aspirations and values is so important. It’s worth taking the time to get this right.
This Category Manager Job opportunity located in Mayo is one of those stand out positions that don’t come along every day.
Let us tell you more….
Develop strategic strategies and tactics to support Global Strategic Sourcing goals and objectives through interactions with the supplier, quality, NPD, technical services and plant operations teams. Lead supplier integration and development efforts for new or existing suppliers. Collaborate with suppliers utilizing expert negotiation skills in support of total cost reduction initiatives. Participate and facilitate material qualification efforts. Develop and execute supply security initiatives.
- Supplier Relationship Management: Collaborate with key suppliers to map out and expand knowledge of supply chain, identifying opportunities for lean improvements resulting in a joint benefit to the company and supplier. Leverage supplier expertise and/or technology in an effort to harness improvements with regard to design for manufacture, product quality improvements, and reduced total costs.
- Supplier Quality: Collaborate with Global Supplier Quality team to lead new supplier qualification efforts. Coordinate cross functional and business discussions to drive continuous improvement opportunities throughout the supply chain. Assist in execution of audit plans where requested. Engage suppliers in efforts to provide long term solutions to quality issues. Support plant purchasing efforts to implement corrective action plans and improve supplier performance, as well as initiatives to perform quality audits. Monitor quality, delivery, and price and service performance of key suppliers.
- Service and Supply Security: Develop supplier relationships resulting in optimized supply chain efficiencies, global buying power and security of supply. Evaluate supplier’s capabilities and capacities while implementing plans to ensure adequate supply of materials. Negotiate agreements with suppliers that include supply flow strategies and supply protection.
- Total Cost Optimization: Analyse market trends from various sources to forecast market supply and price conditions. Collaborate with suppliers to identify and implement initiatives reducing total delivered costs. Align with appropriate business units to further category sourcing opportunities which provide total cost savings to the business.
- Material Sourcing: Define and execute global sourcing strategies for direct material categories supporting the companies corporate objectives. Provide leadership to cross functional project teams. Coordinate supplier development efforts to support plant, Research & Development / New Product Development, and Supply Security efforts. Coordinate efforts with Supplier Quality Management in order to achieve optimal supplier performance. Leverage in-depth knowledge of markets, suppliers and the company to maintain steady, cost-effective supply of required materials.
- Contractual Agreements: Develop and negotiate contractual agreements to provide price protection and supply security with advice from legal, business and technical functions. Execute requirements per terms of the agreements.
- Mentor and coach Sourcing Specialists to further develop and refine skills regarding sourcing strategies, relationship management, supplier development, tactics, and negotiations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant business or technical area
- MBA preferred, but not required
- AOC.P.M.(Certified Purchasing Manager), and/or CPSM (Certified Professional in Supply Management) desired
Length of experience
- 5+ years supply chain, purchasing, and/or sourcing experience
Specialized skills/technical knowledge
- Microsoft Suite (including: Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word, Outlook, and/or Project)
- SAP knowledge
- Business Warehouse (BW) experience is preferred, but not required
For further information on this role in Mayo please contact Deirdre Finnerty on firstname.lastname@example.org or 086-3073779
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13237 Design Assurance Engineer II – Galway We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Design…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13236 Vision Scientist – Galway Job Purpose Our client is a market leader in light intelligent…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12568 Senior Quality Engineer- Process Validation (Hybrid) At our Client’s Process Validation Department in Galway, they…