Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Chemical Engineer
for their site.
Our Manufacturing and Process Development Engineering Teams significantly impact LEANPD driven new product development projects, driving for excellence in existing manufacturing technologies and methods and striving to implement new manufacturing technologies to provide improved process and tolerance control. They act as the binding element between product development and manufacturing engineering, ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of this critical interface. They support Product Development in the optimization of designs and piece parts for manufacturability by realizing sample tooling/products/prototypes. They also design, develop, and qualify tooling and processes to meet quality and production standards, document all processes and tooling in applicable systems, support supply chain to verify supplier compliance and capability, initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, cost and cycle time and adhere to all appropriate specifications, regulatory requirements and customer requirements.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
To specify pickle/passivation chemical treatments and develop cleaning process for medical devices
Guide the specification of new equipment relating to the cleaning and passivation process
Develop the cleaning and passivation process to world class yield levels
Assess the suitability of existing passivation cell and new passivation cell for use with new project and products
Take control of existing process and using LEAN tools to reduce waste and improve on the existing OEE
Lead initiative to reduce traditional methods and move towards green technology.
- Provides best in class problem solving tools.
- Works cross-functionally to deliver on the site strategic targets and objectives.
- Supports creating of manufacturing strategy for new products.
- Designing and optimising the manufacturing and testing processes.
- Selection of components and materials with the design team.
- Ensuring product and manufacturing cost targets are achieved.
- Participate in the Design and Process FMEA's.
- Oversee the pre-launch and scale up to batch production.
- Assess the safety of all raw materials, equipment and process on site
- Work with Operations to advise on formulation and filling.
- A graduate of Engineering, Chemistry, Sciences or equivalent qualification.
- Proven track record in a similar role with a minimum of 5-8 years’ experience at this level within the Medical Device or related industry
- Excellent “hands-on” technical skills.
- Good coaching/mentoring skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have demonstrated the ability to lead in a previous role.
- Experience in people management and development.
- Six sigma green belt
- LEAN tool bag
- Good organization, supervisory and investigation skills are required.
- Proven ability to influence people from other functions
The NPI group work with R&D teams to bring their concepts all the way through to volume manufacturing. Closely aligning all stakeholders to achieve the best product, with greater product efficiencies is the ultimate goal of each transfer project. The transfer process is an ideal window in which to achieve these efficiencies by undertaking DFM, process optimization, sustaining engineering, process automation, supply chain optimization and the application of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies. We are looking for an individual who can push the bounds of current capabilities and deliver the next generation of robust products and processes. The role offers diversity, and the opportunity to become a process development expert. This Snr Engineering will lead a team of process development experts to develop world class manufacturing processes. The successful candidate will coach her/his team to utilise six sigma tools in the development of process parameters.
For further information on this Chemical Engineer role in Galway please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval