- To specify pickle/passivation chemical treatments and develop cleaning process for medical devices.
- Accountable presence supporting the strategic technology map.
- Lead the procurement of a new bespoke passivation cell for exciting new projects.
- Develop the cleaning and passivation process to world-class yield levels.
- Assess the suitability of existing passivation cell and new passivation cell for use with new projects and products.
- Take control of existing process and using LEAN tools to reduce waste and improve on the existing OEE.
- Lead initiative to reduce traditional methods and move towards green technology.
- Working hours will be split between office base and hands-on role.
- There may be a requirement as part of the role to travel.
- May be needed to support operational demands in exceptional situations.
- Provides best in class problem-solving tools.
- Works cross-functionally to deliver on the site strategic targets and objectives.
- Supports creating of manufacturing strategy for new products.
- Designing and optimising the manufacturing and testing processes.
- Selection of components and materials with the design team.
- Ensuring product and manufacturing cost targets are achieved.
- Participate in the Design and Process FMEA's.
- Oversee the pre-launch and scale up to batch production.
- Assess the safety of all raw materials, equipment and process on-site.
- Work with Operations to advise on formulation and filling.
- Level 8 Engineering, Chemistry, Sciences or equivalent qualification.
- Proven track record in a similar role with a minimum of 5-8 years’ experience at this level within the Medical Device or related industry.
- Excellent “hands-on” technical skills.
- Good coaching/mentoring skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have demonstrated the ability to lead in a previous role.
- Experience in people management and development.
- Six sigma green belt
- LEAN tool bag
- Good organization, supervisory and investigation skills are required.
- Proven ability to influence people from other functions.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Anna McGowan on 086 4667369 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.