Chemical Process Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12014
Our client has been pioneering and leading the photochromic industry for more than 25 years. Part of the Essilor Luxottica Group, they are all about living Seamlessly. That’s what their products enable, whether it’s transitioning from light to dark without breaking stride. Or the freedom of using a product that’s so perfect for you that you forget you’re even wearing it. It’s what the company does. Whether that’s through innovating in both style and technology, together, seamlessly. Or through marrying the start-up spirit with the heavyweight power of the global leader.
There are people who can see the future. There are people who can build it. And there are people who can do both. Our client is looking for the latter.
The successful candidate will provide a link between the R&D development and the mix lab; implementing and rolling out the Industrialization process, within the mix lab.
This role will provide technical leadership and project governance for Industrialization of new solutions and will work with R&D and the new product development team to define the mix lab industrialization process to ensure the timely and problem free introduction of new solutions to operations. The individual will play an active role in the improvement of Mix Lab Operations by taking an active part in the Global Mix Lab Techno Club.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- The successful candidate will be the key Global Engineering contact with the R&D teams for the introduction of new solutions and business continuity/regulatory related enforced changes.
- Attend the monthly R&D new project co-ordination meeting, to be informed of the new product projects.
- Work with R&D to support the identification of the mix lab operational and product performance risks possible with the manufacture of new solution.
- Provide regular updates to both Global Engineering and R&D teams on the status of projects and results.
New Product Process:
- Become a member of the New Product Process Team, to identify opportunities for improvement and harmonization between new product development cycle and the Mix Lab industrialization processes.
- Required to work with the Global Industrialization Group to harmonize the mix lab industrialization process with the Global Industrialization Process.
- Support the Global Industrialization process and lead industrializations and FMEA’s related to new product solutions. This is to identify risks related to the manufacture of the solution e.g;
- Mixing process requirements and procedure,
- Impact of equipment differences,
- Raw material variation,
- Provide support to Operations team after initial start-up of new products to ensure timely and problem free introduction of new solutions to operations.
- Work with the resourcing and scheduling of the new solution projects, and develop and work to agree timelines for the Industrialization of the new Product’s.
- Provide technical support to issues detected in testing.
- Work with the industrialization engineers globally to identify risks and opportunities for improvement in the mix lab industrialization process. This is to further optimize and improve the robustness of the Industrialization process.
- Create close cross functional working groups with R&D, GQ, Mix Lab, and Operations.
- Required to provide regular, comparative reports to the key stakeholders and worldwide operations and the global engineering team on the status of projects, results achieved as well as propose the path forward or next steps.
- Ensure timely and consistent communication across the global organization.
A travel commitment of approximately ~ 30% is a requirement for this position.
Key Requirements (Education and Experience)
- Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Equivalent is required.
- 5-7 years’ experience in operations and engineering technical positions
- Industrial experience in flow dynamics, rheology, or mixing technology would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Industrial coating processes, would be an advantage
- Demonstrated track record and proven ability to manage technical details.
- Proficient English to enable contribution on conference calls, written communication & report writing.
For more information on this role in Galway please contact Emma Griffin on 086 0334325 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12034 Manufacturing/Process Engineer II Location: Clare Reporting to: Engineering Manager Purpose Statement The person taking up…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12033 SOURCING ENGINEER Our Client, a global leader in Medical Devices are seeking to attract a…
Job ID: JOB-11903 Recruitment Consultant HERO Recruitment is hiring a Recruitment Consultant for our Galway office. Our company is a…