Civil Project Engineer
Job ID: JOB-13104
Civil Project Engineer
Our an award-winning and innovative contractor providing project solutions for the water and wastewater industry including design, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance. We are seeking to appoint a PROJECT ENGINEER. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and driven individual to join a growing business in the Irish market.
- Ensuring the highest standards of safety and environmental protection are consistently maintained, and strive to out-perform standard practice at every opportunity.
- Ensuring that quality throughout project delivery is maintained and meets the business policy and exceeds client expectation.
- Coordination and managerial input to the design, procurement, sub-contract packages of work, DfMA/OSB, commissioning and handover process.
- Maintain a presence on site during the construction phase, ensuring that day to day operations are proceeding in alignment with the programme and budget.
- Ensuring that the programme and budget are considered during the coordination and management of project deliverables.
- Active participation in Client meetings; including attendance at the monthly.
- Progress Meetings as required.
- Awareness of the project scope and monitoring deviation from this scope. This would include the Contractor scope and the subcontractor scope. Advise the Project Manager as scope change occurs or is likely to occur.
- Ensure procurement is progressed in line with the project programme/schedule.
- Ensure supply chain value is achieved through a competitive tendering process and challenge.
- Maintain an oversight on all technical aspects of the project, and ensure the project team have a clear and consistent understanding of the technical deliverables.
- Maintain close liaison with the design and commissioning teams and ensure that all technical inputs are considered in the project delivery.
- Liaison with and coordination of the assigned project delivery team including Site Management and Supervision staff, the Procurement team, the Commissioning team and the Design team.
- Continuous liaison with and coordination of project support staff including SHEQ, Planning, Commercial.
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate the following key experience necessary to fulfill the requirements of the role:
- At least five years in a Project Engineer role in the UK Water Industry, preferably with a Tier 1 contractor.
- A mechanical or electrical based academic qualification.
- CSCS Card and EUSR Water Hygiene card. The following are the key personal attributes and values we are looking for;
- Driven individual.
- Proactive / can-do attitude.
- An organiser who can coordinate on multiple fronts.
- Structured thinker.
- Facilitator of innovative thought and ideas.
What we offer:
- Monday to Friday 08.30 am to 17.00pm 39-hour working week, finishing early on Fridays 08.30 am to 16.00pm.
- 21 days annual leave plus 10 bank holidays.
- Annual salary reviews.
- Healthcare and pension 3% after 2 years of service Higher on Senior roles, healthcare could possibly be added on earlier (depending on the seniority of the role).
- Depending on the role, location, etc we may include the use of a company van and fuel card.
- Each employee gets a company laptop and phone.
- Access to EAP – 24/7 365 days confidential employee counseling service, free to avail for employees and their families.
- Annual Pay review every January.
- Christmas and summer social events.
For further information on this role in Cork please contact Cliona Lawton on firstname.lastname@example.org or 086-8168298
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13245 R&D Manager – Photochromic and Liquid Crystal Technology Company Overview: Over 25 years of successful…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13243 Senior Quality Compliance Specialist Purpose This role participates in maintaining site compliance of operations inclusive…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13235 Manufaturing Engineering Supervisor Location: Clare Great opportunity to to be part of a diagnostics manufacturing…