Civil/Structural Design Engineer
Job ID: JOB-13083
Civil/Structural Design Engineer
As part of the growing Engineering Team for a leading utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, we are seeking a Civil/Structural Design Engineer to join the team and work on engineering design works associated with a number of transmission and distribution grid connection projects.
The successful candidate will be based in either the Tralee, Cork or Dublin offices, though travel to and from site on occasion will also be required.
Building on its vast experience and having a highly-qualified & skilled workforce has made it possible for the company to expand its portfolio, working on comprehensive contracts involving the securing of planning permission, design, construction, refurbishment, and maintenance of renewable solar and wind farm network connections to the national grid.
Through this company you will play a leading role in promoting the development of national utility infrastructure and thus providing safe, reliable, and sustainable networks for future generations.
- Working under direction of Senior Design engineer.
- Assisting with designing steelworks and reinforced concrete.
- Foundation design.
- Structural design to Eurocode Standards.
- Preparation of material specifications.
- Preparation of calculations and drawings.
- On-site quality auditing and recording as-built information.
- Temporary works design.
- Processing of survey and site investigation information.
- Drawing preparation & detailing – AutoCAD.
- Occasional travel to and from work sites.
Key Requirements & Experience:
- Minimum Degree qualified – Civil/Structural Engineering (NFQ Level 8).
- Relevant industry experience though not essential, would be an advantage.
- Strong technical and design ability essential.
- Strong IT skills required. Knowledge of AutoCAD would be an advantage, but training will be provided where necessary.
- Excellent team worker with effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- A flexible approach to work & full drivers licence will be required.
- Formal report writing and professional presentation of work essential.
What we offer:
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- 22 days annual leave.
- Emphasis on career development.
- Voluntary Pension available on completion of probation.
- Sick pay after completion of probation.
- Employee membership for our LAYA EAP Programme – 24/7 Mental Well-being Support & Employee Assistance Programme.
- Employee Healthcare Discount.
- Employee Referral Scheme.
For further information on this role in Tralee or Cork please contact Cliona Lawton on email@example.com or 086-8168298
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13245 R&D Manager – Photochromic and Liquid Crystal Technology Company Overview: Over 25 years of successful…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13243 Senior Quality Compliance Specialist Purpose This role participates in maintaining site compliance of operations inclusive…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13235 Manufaturing Engineering Supervisor Location: Clare Great opportunity to to be part of a diagnostics manufacturing…