Our client, an insurance company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Claims Handler for their site.
Reporting to: Claims Team Leader
- The successful candidate must have achieved or be working towards APA qualification
- Minimum of 1 years’ claims experience
- Ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution.
- Commitment to continuous learning.
- Technical knowledge of typical travel insurance products a distinct advantage.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the insurance market, the basic insurance principles and the ability to apply them.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good planning and organisation skills in order to meet timescales.
- Good numerical skills and literacy skills including Microsoft Office suite
Overall purpose of the role (working as part of a Travel Insurance Claims team to):
- Administer and investigate claims and negotiate fair settlement in line with Company standards.
- Manage first notification of loss, to determine liability in line with policy cover
- Liaise with Claimants in person, by telephone and by written correspondence.
- Achieve full APA accreditation through the III
- Handle customer enquiries politely, meeting standards of customer service excellence in accordance with the KPI’s set by the Team Leader and Claims Team Manager
- Register new claims, provide advice on the claim processes involved; collecting all relevant information to proceed with a claim
- Assess and decision claims including payments and declines ensuring Consumer Protection Code is adhered to at all times
- Ensure fair settlement of valid claims
- Give advice on policy coverage
- Handle any complaints associated with a claim
- Investigate potentially fraudulent claims
- Identify and follow up on all recovery avenues
- Complete all administrative and filing duties
- Register and authorise Outpatient Medical Claims
- Pull together the work necessary to allow more complex cases to be decided upon and actioned, after technical or specialist input
- Liaise with various internal departments
- Make a positive input to the team’s effectiveness, so that work systems and processes are altered and improved.
- Adhere to the Company’s procedures in accordance with the Consumer Protection Code and all relevant Data Protection regulations
- Provide back-up and support to other Operations functions as required
- Service Excellence
- Drive for Results
- Innovation and Change
- People and Capability
- Personal Impact/Performance Climate
- Planning and Organising
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Quality - High Standards and Controls
- Service Excellence
- Team Building/Team Player
- Technical Skills and Knowledge
For further information on this Claims Handler role in Galway please contact Vanessa Lynch on 086 0462367 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.