Telephone: 086 8395533
Clinical R&D Field Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Clinical R&D Field Engineer for their site.
- We are currently looking for a high-calibre Clinical R&D Field Engineer (CFE) to join our team.
- This position directly interacts with neuro-interventionalists to provide scientific education on endovascular stroke treatment using the company’s devices.
- The CFE forms a vital bridge between the company’s clinical and fundamental research program and physicians in field, through performing translational in-vitro research, developing training materials, dissemination through on-site training, workshops, and presentations, and managing collaborative research projects with key stroke hospitals and various professional societies.
- Perform in-vitro translational research to understand the challenges of clot removal in stroke and best practices for utilizing the company’s devices to achieve best clinical outcome, thereby also identifying gaps and potential solutions to endovascular stroke treatment.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of endovascular stroke treatment.
- Identify potential product enhancements & new product ideas by applying an analytical approach to understanding the clinical needs of neuro-interventionalists.
- Development of training materials through presentations, videos, or other media.
- Deliver technical/clinical training and perform other related logistical coordination with physicians on-site in hospitals and conferences, and on location
- Gather feedback and clinical information from the field and provide input to R&D product development group.
- Develop and maintain professional, high-quality, physician relationships.
- Plan, prepare and execute/support clot related research activities with key collaborative centres in stroke treatment.
- Co-author publications and generate data to support publications.
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Technically competent and confident, and able to engage peer to peer with both R&D engineers and physicians.
- Must be available to travel mostly within the EU and US, as extensive time in the field (up to 75% of time) is a key part of this role.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Engineering or relevant Science discipline with a PhD or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in a medical device industry in product development or similar environment is desired.
- Experience in conference oral presentations and authorship of scientific peer-reviewed publications is desired.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval