Telephone: 086 8395533
Clinical Sciences Specialist
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Clinical Sciences Specialist for their site.
- Provide technical support to various areas of the business related to biocompatibility, cleaning, disinfection and sterilization of reusable and single use medical devices.
- Develop compliant testing protocols and guidelines for new product development and product changes of both terminally sterilized and reusable products
- Coordinate and complete projects and project deliverables with general supervision in collaboration with cross functional groups such as R&D, Operations, and Marketing
- Interpret, assess, analyze and apply international standards related to sterilization, cleaning, disinfection and biocompatibility
- Work on technical problems of limited scope; understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions
- Participate in the development or revision of quality system procedures and quality improvement initiatives associated with clinical sciences
- Support resolution to product quality issues such as customer complaints, adverse events, product field actions, and non-conformances
- Involvement with industry groups such as AAMI, ISO, etc.
- Perform gap assessments to new or changing standards
- Knowledge of products and processes within his/her business unit
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Estimated travel of 10% to support industry meetings, suppliers, etc.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/ or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be able to review printed materials.
- Must be able to communicate telephonically
- Must be able to use common office equipment (e.g. calculator, PC, telephone, etc.)
- Ability to interface effectively with health care professionals and medical device customers
- Must be able to interpret medical terminology
- Must be able to work independently but also capable of collaboration and participation in teams
- Must be highly customer service oriented
- Knowledge of FDA, GMP, ISO, and other medical device regulatory requirements and standards
- Knowledge of cleaning, disinfection and sterilization techniques, microbiology concepts, standards, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of biocompatibility testing concepts, standards, practices and procedures
- Adequate interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate and lead through influence
- Strong time management skills, ability to plan and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to accept and manage project risk to drive concurrent projects forward
- Working knowledge of test method development
- Working knowledge of business applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- 0-2 years of experience in medical device product development and or testing
Education/Special Training Required
- B.S. in a related curriculum such as Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, or Biomedical Engineering
For further information on this Clinical Sciences Specialist role in Cork please contact Bimi Felix on 086 8395533 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval