Cloud Automation Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12896
Cloud Automation Engineer
Our leading technology client based in Limerick are looking for a Cloud Automation Engineer to join their Engineering department due to company growth. This role can be worked remotely
Reporting to our SaaS Engineering Manager, the Cloud Automation Engineer will help to build-out the next generation of our SaaS platform.
The successful candidate will support the delivery of a best-in-class SaaS platform to our customers. They will focus on building-out the tools and services that underpin our SaaS platform, and on ensuring that we deliver the availability and scalability that our customers demand. We are seeking a detail-orientated individual with a passion for automation and cloud delivery models. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
- Engineer and automate the SaaS solution for security, reliability, and scale.
- Create and/or improve the tools that enable observability on availability and performance of cloud services.
- Support the transition of the Gx application from a monolithic architecture to a modular, cloud-native, architecture.
- Apply DevOps principles and practices to speed-up the delivery of change to the SaaS environment.
- Collaborate with application engineering teams in solving business needs with provided cloud services.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer, Cloud Automation Engineer or Systems Administrator (with strong focus on scripting and automation).
- Experience of deploying and supporting applications in cloud environments (preferably AWS, but Azure and GCP also considered).
- Extensive experience of working with “Infrastructure-As-Code” tools, in particular Ansible, Terraform, and Packer. Experience with other IaC tools will also be considered.
- Experience of containerization tools and technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm.
- Strong scripting knowledge in Powershell or Python.
- Experience with Cloud networking, such as AWS VPC, Security Groups, Load Balancer, ASG, as well as cloud security, such as IAM and WebACL.
- Familiarity with ELK, Grafana, Prometheus, or other log-aggregation/monitoring solutions.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Team Foundation Server, Azure DevOps, GitLab or Jenkins.
- Solid Windows, IIS, and SQL administration knowledge.
- Understanding of Docker/containerization technologies.
- Degree or equivalent in a computing or engineering discipline.
- Strong team player with a results-oriented track record.
- Experience of Agile/Scrum methodology essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills—a part of the role will involve increasing the overall knowledge of Cloud/DevOps methodologies across the organization.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with a continuous learning mindset.
Nice to haves
- Previous experience of delivering change in a regulated environment.
- Ability to have a positive impact on team members and communicate openly and directly to individuals or groups at all levels.
- Previous software development or quality assurance experience would be a significant advantage.
What we offer you
We truly value ideas and collaboration so we’ve created an environment that builds, protects, and celebrates teamwork. Our strong culture is central to our continued success.
We offer programs and rewards that one would expect from a highly successful and growing technology company.
- A fantastic culture, team, and energy.
- Competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Training and professional development.
For further information on this Cloud role in Limerick please contact Dee Curley on 086 7902191 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12996 HR Officer My client based in Galway city are hiring a HR officer to support…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12964 Senior QC Analyst We are looking to speak with experienced QC Analysts about this great…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12926 GCMS Senior Chemist We are looking to speak with experienced Analytical Chemist about this great…