Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a CNC Engineer for their site.
Responsible for providing manufacturing engineering services to support cellular manufacturing and timely new product introductions. Engineering services include process development, CNC programming, new product introductions and cost reduction. The candidate for this role will take the lead role in process improvement and cost reductions through productivity improvement and machine time reductions, including new tool and CNC product program development and testing.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishing CNC machining and other production methods which meet performance and quality requirements.
- Sorting through options and choosing the most appropriate processes and machining methods.
- Developing and programming a wide a variety of applications, including machining and finishing processes.
- Conducting feasibility studies to estimate product cost and analyze capital equipment, capacity, and capability requirements affecting the make versus buy decision.
- Writes instruction sheets and tool list to guide set-up and operation of the machining centres. Also assist in the training of production operators on the use of new CNC machine control and tools.
- Establishing preliminary bill of materials and routers ? establish optimal routings.
- Negotiating target completion dates with appropriate personnel from other departments.
- Developing project plans and schedules for work activities.
Education / Experience
- Proficient in multi-axis CNC milling programming (preference or 4th and 5th axis) and process development, Computer Aided Design Systems, Unigraphics 3-D modelling software and Direct Numerical Control (DNC) systems.
- Skilled and knowledgeable in manufacturing and new product processing.
- Familiarity with drafting standards and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), ASME Y14.5-2009.
- Microsoft Office Suite and Project; Statistical Process Control skills; Demonstrates good problem solving skills through the use of quality and statistical tools.
- Ability to effectively work within a team and cross functionally to expedite completion of critical project tasks.
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills.
- B.Sc. in Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, or other Engineering Science.
- Experience working in medical device or other highly regulated industry.
- Ability to handle project assignments of large scope and complexity and able to prioritize and complete work in a timely manner.
- Ability to balance marketing, manufacturing, and design requirements to meet customer requirements
For further information on this CNC Engineer role in Galway please contact Anna McGowan on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval