Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a CNC Engineer for their site.
- Responsible for providing manufacturing engineering services to support cellular manufacturing Engineering services, including CMM programming and support, CNC programming and support, process development, consumable management, and tool design.
- Creating and maintaining CMM programs.
- Conducting feasibility study to estimate product cost and analyse capital equipment, capacity, and capability requirements.
- Improving existing process methods to meet and improve performance and quality requirements.
- Maintaining bill of materials and routers.
- Developing a wide a variety of applications, including machining, finishing, polishing and inspection.
- Negotiating target completion dates with appropriate personnel from other departments.
- Developing project plans and schedules for work activities.
- Working as part of a Business Unit Team.
- Delivering on Business Unit priorities.
Expected Areas of Competence (i.e. KSAs)
- Familiarity with drafting standards and geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Unigraphics Nx8.5 or higher.
- Skilled and knowledgeable in medical device manufacturing preferred but not essential.
- Familiarity with control procedures, such as the Engineering Change Notification (ECN) and Deviation process, Engineering Specifications, etc.
- Ability to handle project assignments of medium scope and complexity and able to prioritize and complete work in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates good problem solving skills through the use of quality and statistical tools.
- Ability to effectively work within a team and cross functionally to expedite completion of critical project tasks.
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills.
- B.S. in mechanical, industrial engineering, or other engineering science.
- Microsoft Office Suite and Project; Statistical Process Control skills; proficient in process development, CNC programming, Computer Aided Design Systems, and Unigraphics 3-D modelling software
For further information on this CNC Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval