Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer - CNC / Applications Engineer for their site on a contract basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing manufacturing process steps on CNC Machine tools and working with other team members to deliver the validated product to market.
- Develop the CNC manufacturing process to meet project milestones
- Participate in validation requirements on new equipment introductions / process changes
- Design & develop tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product / process introductions in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and process Engineers.
- Preparation and maintenance of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
- Focus on reduction of unit cost of production, through accountability for specific cells
- Support ongoing Safety Incident corrective actions and ERGO team initiatives/actions
- Drive process improvements/capacity increases through new technology / equipment introductions.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Mechanical/Production/Manufacturing Engineering
- Proven track record in development, of CNC milling or Turning manufacturing process steps.
- CAD / CAM experience
- 2+ years in a medical device or comparable hi-tech environment
- CNC operation setting & programming experience (Fanuc Compatible)
- Background in trades or technical discipline
- Certified Manufacturing Technologist (CMfgT) or City and Guilds 7579 Computer Aided Engineering Qualification or Similar
- Operation of 5 axis mill-turn machining centres
- Unigraphics NX Cad Cam experience
- Proficiency of GD&T
- Experience in regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc.
For further information on this CNC Manufacturing Engineer role in Cork please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / email@example.com
All applicants must have a working visa for Ireland for this contract role
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval