Our client, a company in Mayo is currently looking to recruit a Commercial Manager for their site.
Main Purpose of Job & Accountability:
- As a member of the price estimating team, create cost estimates and pricing recommendations
Principal Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Specific Areas of Responsibility include:
- Product Margin: Optimise profitability by analysing and making recommendations regarding product margin to the sales group, including price levels, raw material components, manufacturing methods and labour costs.
- Pricing: Maintain and make recommendations on the pricing system that supports a high performing team capable of carrying out the company's initiatives.
- Build, develop, and manage a pricing department capable of carrying out our Division initiative, including performance management and succession planning
- Customer Service: Ensure all customer inquiries regarding pricing, specifications and materials are responded to in a responsive and professional manner.
- Recordkeeping: Create and maintain a system of recordkeeping for backlog reporting, sales and new business productivity.
- Production Data: Provide input into a system to identify trends and patterns in historic production data to assist in the establishment of new pricing.
- Work with the management team to establish and meet the approved budget and develop the direction of the Drogheda Business Unit pricing function
- Continuous Improvement: Support a culture of relentless pursuit of continuous improvement through high performance in a people-driven culture, including contributing to and supporting product development, new business development and the purchasing objectives.
- Training: Train and mentor team to assist in broadening the experience and knowledge in the department.
- Values: Model the Values and Principles including instilling a high performance, people-driven culture, providing high expectations and a high level of support.
- Flexibility: Provide support to Customer Service Team as and when required to meet business demands
- Relationships: Build relationships with plant management to determine job standards and identify business opportunities.
Performance Competencies, Behaviours and Observable Activities:
- Adaptability: Taking on new and additional tasks with comfort and ease and responding cooperatively to learning requirements inherent in such circumstances. Handling and managing new assignments readily.
- *Commitment: Strong, but balanced and realistic support of the organization. Supporting the organization.
- Observable Activity: Place the interests of the organization and customers above personal interests.
- Willingly spend whatever time is necessary to get the job done. Instil by example the corporations Values and Principles.
- *Ego (Self Confidence): Comfortably establishes a strong presence among others, gaining acceptance and recognition. Gaining respect.
- Observable Activity: Display the courage of conviction.
- Show the humility to both lead and be led.
- Demonstrate a passion for the job and the mission of the organization.
- Response to Change: Readily modifies work practices to deal with changes. Modifying work practices.
- Observable Activity: Be open to receive new information and feedback.
- Embrace new ideas, technologies and business opportunities.
- Analyse opportunities for the company to respond to customer demands. Willingly reconsider previous positions, decisions and approaches.
- Dependability and Reliability: Dependably completing work within organizational protocol and within expectations. Completing work within the Standard Operating Procedures.
- *Decisiveness: Considers all issues, but decides promptly, working through necessary approvals quickly. Choosing a course of action quickly.
- Observable Activity: Accelerate the analysis of business issues and challenges and bring them to appropriate conclusion. Produce timely and accurate reports. Quickly recognize alternatives and make decisions without sacrificing standards for evaluating facts. Define decision making process based on best demonstrated practices. Recognize, accept, and work through the grey areas.
- *Initiative: Starts activity without relying on direction from others. Doing the right thing without having to be told.
- Observable Activity: Focus and coordinate resources to meet urgent customer needs.
- Consider facts and alternatives quickly, moving to action.
- Simplify complex issues into manageable, actionable parts.
- Self-Responsibility: Accepts and seeks complete responsibility for assignments. Seeking accountability.
- Observable Activity: Objectively self-examine own performance. Hold self-accountable to a high standard of performance. Willingly seek high levels of responsibility. As a member of the Management Team, provide each other with feedback on their people's/department's performance.
- Project Proficiency: Managing technical/specialized work methodically and efficiently. Meeting technical/specialized work demands.
- *Communications: Organized and thorough when giving and receiving information. Giving and receiving information effectively.
- Observable Activity: Make the complex simple for management and associates.
- Instruct associates in specific tasks to support the customer and the company.
- Deal with others within the organization in an open, honest and straight forward manner.
- Listen to needs of others and take appropriate action to support their needs.
- Be approachable in order to gain various ideas and perspectives.
- Under pressure, let people know that the right facts will be considered and a thoughtful decision made.
- Closure: Getting a verifiable agreement on who will do what and what will be done next. Gaining agreement to an action.
- Observable Activity: Create action plans.
- Gain commitment from others in order meet deadlines, including financial statements, board of directors’ work, integrations and plant closures.
- Negotiating: Strong bargainer while assuring good relationships. Bargaining effectively.
- Observable Activity: Solve problems satisfactorily while protecting the corporation.
- Win others over to company philosophy through passionate presentation of ideas approaches and beliefs.
- Exercise judgment to decline business that is either inappropriate or not a strategic fit to the organization.
- Keep the broad business need in perspective while understanding individual department needs, finding optimal solutions.
- Strategic Thinking: Creating and organizing timely options to achieve competitive advantage. Defining future direction.
- *Competitiveness: Determined to win even if it makes others unhappy, but without gloating. Handles losing without excuses.
- Observable Activity: Approach work with discipline, determination and tenacity. Make tough calls courageously. Push the corporation to be the best while maintaining effective working relationships.
- Creativeness: Invents ideas and options, either practical or theoretical. Inventing ideas.
- Observable Activity: In planning, consider a large variety of options, not getting locked into a single approach prematurely. Connect seemingly unrelated ideas or patterns to produce new ideas or insights. Connect all of the business functions: manufacturing, sales and logistics, to fashion overall solutions.
- Detail Orientation: Knows the facts, but does not get lost in them, turning data into useful information. Turning data into information.
- Observable Activity: Assure all details of a potential job are considered and understood.
- Develop detailed job instructions, recognizing individual differences of each job.
- Recognize trends and patterns in data and make understandable and useful recommendations.
For further information on this Commercial Manager role in Mayo please contact Vanessa Lynch on 086 0462367 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.