Job ID: JOB-13343
Job Title: Commercial Manager
Description: Responsibility for providing budgetary and financial information
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Take responsibility for the commercial performance of all projects
· Develop commercial strategies and lead on contractual negotiations
· Ensure all projects are delivered in accordance with the contract
· Provide accurate cost advice and financial reporting to the client
· Deliver work outputs within client led targets and time frames
· Constructively challenge processes and management decisions to bring about improvements
· Pro-actively contribute to value management and value engineering studies at project and programme level
· Maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations and good practice requirements throughout the company.
· To carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by management as duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed
· Actively seek leads and work winning opportunities
· Ensure pipeline of work / order book is populated in line with the business plan and strategy
· Proactively engage with all internal stakeholders to ensure commercial efficiencies and to the core of everything we do
· Identify and select subcontractors and suppliers in accordance with company procedures and selection criteria.
· Appointment of subcontractors including formal order placing and requesting of all required Health & Safety and Insurance information.
· Produce overall project IV for approval by Senior Management
· Provide input into the selection of plant and equipment for the project.
· Notify any area of additional costs in accordance with the conditions of contract. Maintain project change register
· Attend site meetings, internal review meetings, subcontractors meeting as required.
· Undertake comprehensive financial analysis of the project performance on a regular bases and report finding to Senior Management
· Prepare variation costing and agreed same with Design team as the works progress.
· Prepare final account at close to PC as possible and obtain agreement to same ensuring the project IV is achieved.
· Be aware and follow the Company’s Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
· Mentor and guide reportee’s to such an extent that tasks can be delegated to
Selection Criteria/Person Specification:
· Candidates will hold a minimum Level 8 qualification in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
· 10+ Years experience working as a QS within the Construction Industry
· Excellent reporting skills
· Enthusiastic, Motivated individual with strong written and verbal communication skills
· Possess the ability to work well as part of a team and independently
· Maximise Efficiency and meet challenging work goals
· Proficient in Microsoft Office packages such as Excel, Word and Powerpoint
· Planswift experience would be advantageous
For further information on this Design Manager role in Galway please contact Gavin Moran on +353 87-410-8620 or email email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13382 R&D Manager – Product Engineering / Sustaining Engineering The R&D team are growing, starting exciting…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13381 Quantity Surveyor The company is an award-winning and innovative contractor providing project solutions for the…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13357 We are a growing medical device company, based in Galway, and dedicated to reducing the…