Our client, is a premium wholesaler in the veterinary industry are recruiting for a Commercial Operations Manager for their site in Tipperary. The company has grown triple in size with 26% growth in 2018 already and looking to appoint a person to a newly established role – Commercial Manager.
Commercial Manager’s role is to manage the day to day operational and commercial aspects of the business. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Commercial Manager is primarily responsible for the Sales, Service & Software Development departments of the business, you will work as part of the senior management team to deliver relevant KPI’s that will drive business results and shareholder value. Specific industry experience within human pharmaceutical, medical device, scientific, dental or veterinary is required for the role.
- Attend regular meetings with Directors, Sales, Service and Management Team;
- Recommend and contribute to future business strategy relating specifically to the Sales and Operations areas of the business;
- Prepare and present Commercial, Financial and Operational metrics as required that will demonstrate healthy functioning business and departments, KPI’s;
- Sales – performance against target, growth, margin analysis, etc.
- Operations – stock management, customer service levels, profitability, process improvements, on-time-delivery, stock management, etc.
- Develop and implement business streamlining processes and procedures
- Direct account management for key customers
- Utilise existing technology platforms to drive effectiveness and continuous improvementbehaviour
- Review general operations and introduce change as needed that will drive margin and profitability of the business
- Manage the budget for the departments and issue monthly reports on expenditure, ability toverbalise reasons for variances and necessary corrective actions if required
- Implement and conduct annual performance appraisal to review employees’ work performance
- Hands on approach and work on different projects
- Work collaboratively with the MD to lead change programmes within the organisation
- Staff coaching
- Setting leadership standards around the culture of the business
- 3 rd. level qualification in Business, Engineering, Management, or other relevant discipline would be advantageous;
- Experience of generating commercial plans that deliver predictable growth in sales and margins;
- Knowledge of ERP systems and how to extract, manipulate and present data;
- Robust PC skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, 3 rd party service software) is required;
- Experience managing commercial, operational and technical teams of at least 25 people and associated budgets;
- Experience with Continuous Improvement and Lean philosophies and techniques;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and significant experience of developing and maintaining commercial customer relationships and communicating effectively with people at all levels;
- Innovative with experience of effective process and/or systems development;
- Strong team player; flexibility and adaptability in relation to duties and responsibilities are essential in a growing company;
- Full, clean driving licence.
For further information on this Commerical Operations Manager role in Tipperary please contact Vanessa Lynch on 086 0462367 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.