Telephone: 086 0449371
Our client, an insurance company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Compliance Officer for their site.
What will I be doing
- The Compliance Officer will be responsible for ensuring that the Company is conducting its business in full compliance with all regulatory requirements, professional standards and business practices applicable to the Financial Services Industry.
- You will assume full responsibility for managing our Regulatory Compliance framework, including monitoring business activity to ensure continuous compliance with all existing regulation / legislation, and leading the implementation of any changes required to comply with new regulation in 2018.
- Develop and review regulatory policies and procedures in line with applicable national and international laws and regulations, working with the Central Bank of Ireland, Office of the Data Protection Commissioner, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman and external consultants where necessary.
- Conduct regular reviews and/or risk assessments of business practices in each department, to ensure that the appropriate standard of compliance is achieved and maintained.
- Develop a robust reporting framework to report on compliance, internally to the Management Team and externally to the regulators as required.
- Work with the Operations Manager on the implementation of an effective internal audit regime, so the Company can have confidence that its self-regulation is effective and compliant
- Maintain and regularly review register of accredited persons, to ensure all employees are appropriately qualified to carry out activities in line with Minimum Competency Code
- Post-qualification, actively monitor and pursue managers and employees to ensure they are on track to carry out the necessary CPD (Continuous Professional Development) training hours to maintain their accredited status.
- Develop and deliver topical training programmes, presentations and internal communications to Management and Staff to maintain awareness of compliance requirements and developments in the regulatory environment.
- Undertake any other duty or responsibility that may reasonably be allocated by the General Manager or Operations Manager.
What do I need
- You have achieved or be working towards the ACOI Professional Diploma in Compliance.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in a similar role, or in a mid-level/senior position in a Financial Services Company.
- LCOI qualified, or in the process of qualification, a distinct advantage
- APA or CIP qualified a distinct advantage
- An excellent understanding of all Central Bank regulations, GDPR, IDD and other applicable legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good planning and organisation skills in order to meet timescales.
- Good numerical skills and computer literate.
- Ability to resolve issues of conflict in a tactful and professional manner.
- Ability to interact with all levels of seniority, both internal & external.
For further information on this Compliance Officer role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval