Telephone: 087 2197421
Computer Vision Research Engineer
Our client, an automotive company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Computer Vision Research Engineer for their site.
- Develop state of the art computer vision and image processing algorithms for autonomous driving applications.
- Perform research into new vision technology, ideas, and approaches
- Support Intellectual Property activities and generate Invention Disclosure Memos to facilitate patent applications.
- Contribute to design reviews across algorithm teams.
- Consider next generation algorithms and new business opportunities.
- Develop algorithms with a view to implementing on embedded DSP platforms
- Represent the company at various Industry Working Groups and at Conferences where directed
- Support the design and implementation of in-company training sessions in your area of expertise
- Develop and maintain relationship with university counterparts
- BSc degree and 3+ years of work experience, or MSc degree and 1+ years of work experience, or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent
- Strong C, C++ programming skills or strong rapid prototyping skills in Python, Matlab, Octave.
- Good understanding of fundamental computer vision algorithms and approaches.
- Excellent English language communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of innovation and motivation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Specialisation in one or more of these areas preferred: Computer Vision, Image Processing, Signal Processing, Robotics, Optics, Machine Learning
- Deep learning experience
- Experience with OpenCV programming
- Academic publications in relevant field
- Experience with embedded devices (e.g. ARM and DSP)
- Experience with parallel programming in CUDA, or OpenCL
- Algorithm development experience in robotics, ultrasonics, RADAR, LIDAR, camera systems, sensor fusion or computer vision
- Experience with PC-based simulation tools
- Knowledge of UML design tools
- Experience developing software for embedded platforms.
- Experience with version control software
- Experience developing algorithms for autonomous and/or real-time systems.
- Experience with imaging or optics systems
- Automotive industry experience.
For further information on this Computer Vision Research Engineer role in Galway please contact Anne - Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.