Our client, an engineering company in Cork is currently looking to recruit a Construction Manager for their site reporting to the Manager of Construction (departmentally) and then the Project Manager.
The Construction Manager is appointed by the Manager of Construction and will be accountable for representing the client on the construction site.
This will include the organisation, administration and control of site activities in accordance with the relevant legislation and company/ client requirements.
- Be fully familiarised with the contract requirements, policies and procedures and ensure that those requirements relating to the site operations are implemented on behalf of and under the direction of the Project Manager (note: From a project Perspective, the Construction Manager reports to the Project Manager).
- To ensure that company Health, Safety, Environment, Security (HSES) and quality policy is understood and implemented by all supervised staff and project contractors
- To ensure that the project achieves its objectives in respect of HSES, quality, cost and schedule
- Agree, establish and maintain effective communication and co-ordination between construction site(s) and home office task force/departments
- Promote the company by demonstrating professionalism and efficiency, establishing credible client and local contact working relationships
- Advise the business of local developments and future business opportunities
- Gather information about the site, client, local capability, culture, etc. by conducting surveys as necessary to ensure the critical issues are identified and that a strategy (the Construction Execution Plan) is developed, implemented and maintained to ensure project objectives are attained
- Establish the acceptance criteria and procedures governing the transfer of Care, Control and Custody for the site between Owner/Client, company and Operator. This includes the acceptance of the site and its boundaries from the Owner at the start of the works and the transfer of responsibility for initial operation and subsequent initial acceptance on completion of the works to ensure an effective feedback system on all site needs e.g. IFC drawing requirements, engineering design, safety alerts, material requirements, material shortages / damages etc.
- Review and agree with the Manager of Construction the required optimum site organisation and Manpower Projection Plan (MPP) by applying model organisation rulings with consideration given to the changing requirements throughout construction, prefabrication, pre-commissioning, start-up and commissioning phases and ensuring that team organisation contains relevant practical, technical experience and compatibility.
- Maintain an agreed detailed reporting system in accordance with project requirements
- Maintain an effective filing and records retrieval system
- Examine, understand and manage construction budget(s)
- To ensure that construction requirements are realistically quantified and incorporated (and subsequently updated) into the project budgets and planning system to ensure that the detailed interfaces between engineering and procurement deliverables fit a logical sequence that suits the commissioning and start-up requirements.
Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- Third level qualification is essential- Degree in related discipline such as Engineering/ Construction Management / Project Management.
- Accreditations are preferred but not essential (Engineers Ireland, Lean Construction Institute LCI, Lean Green Belt).
- 5 years plus in Bio/ Pharma experience preferred.
- 12 years’ plus in site experience.
- Experience as Site Superintendent and / or Chief Field Engineer / Turnover Lead.
- Advanced level of skill in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate level of skill in the use of Microsoft Project / AutoCad / PM tools.
- Understanding and ability to apply in live situations the principles and tools of Lean Construction.
- Proven ability to organise and drive cross functional participation in the project lifecycle.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication, written, numerical and verbal skills.
- At all times the incumbent will demonstrate CPD in alignment with this role / area(s) of professional expertise.
- Health and Safety Awareness- Identifying and correcting conditions that may affect employee safety. Upholding safety standards at all times. Ensuring the highest standards of Health and Safety are applied to the construction environment and compound / welfare facilities. Your duty of care to yourself and to others. Motivate all team members to uphold Health and Safety as the number one priority.
- Accountability- Accepting full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organisational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to delivering on his / her duty and presenting oneself as a credible representative of the firm to maintain the clients’ trust and foster client loyalty.
- Ethics and Integrity- Operating ethically and with Integrity demonstrates concern for the degree if trustworthiness and ethical behaviours in our environment. It also ensures that the impact and consequences of our decisions and actions ae considered in advance.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed. Reviews others’ work for quality and performance purposes.
- Customer Service- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients in a manner that provides satisfaction for the client and fosters client loyalty. It implies helping or serving others, to meet their needs. It means focusing on discovering those needs and figuring out how best to meet them.
- Planning and Organising- Establishes a systematic course of action for self to ensure accomplishment of specific objectives. Sets priorities, goals, tracking systems and timetables to achieve maximum productivity. Anticipates and prepares for upcoming events ensuring adequate resources are available.
- Building a successful team- Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive, engaged team. It means facilitating the completion of team goals, encouraging those around you to reach their full potential and contribute towards organisational success. Develops structure by clarifying roles and responsibilities of team members and helps ensure that necessary steering, review or support functions are in place. Regularly shares information with the team to keep everyone “in the loop”.
For further information on this Operations Supervisor role in Galway please contact Anna McGowan on 0864667369 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval