Continuous Improvement Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Roscommon are currently looking to recruit a Continuous Improvement Engineer for their site.
Purpose of position:
The purpose of this position is to champion Continuous Improvement Activities within the company in order to improve product and process quality, reduce down time and cost, and to strengthen problem solving and error proofing throughout the company.
Principal Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead cross-functional teams to investigate and troubleshoot key areas of company concerns using a structured approach, such as Six-Sigma methodology.
- Define and execute projects in a time and resource efficient manner controlling associated budgets.
- Achieve project goals as agreed with the management team.
- Together with the management team target projects which will have the biggest impact in terms of improving key business metrics.
- Set up robust data collection systems that will support and drive projects and their continued monitoring after completion.
- Using best practices, identify areas of improvements in order to reduce variances in product, practice, and processes
- Give guidance to cross functional Core Teams and Green Belt Engineers in relation to projects/tasks under their control
- Through analysis of existing metrics and data, identify areas of potential concern before they arise and take action to prevent occurrence of the failure
- Drive and create a culture of continuous improvement within all areas of the company.
- Up skill our current technical resources to manage and support continuous improvement projects in all areas of the business.
- Draft and present project plans and reviews to the management team and other relevant stake holders.
- Supervisory Role
- This position does not normally have any direct reports. However, the person will need to act as mentor/leader to various cross-functional teams and project teams as part of his/her role.
- Should have a primary degree in an engineering or science discipline.
- Will ideally hold a lean six sigma black belt qualification, having managed numerous successful projects through to completion.
- A strong working knowledge of plastics and plastic processing technologies would be a distinct advantage.
- S/he should have a proven track record in Project Planning and Execution.
- Experience in a medical device/pharmaceutical and/or diagnostics manufacturing industry is necessary.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the medical device industry and of ISO13485:2003, specifically in the areas of Change Control and Validation.
- S/he must be innovative and have a good technical aptitude.
- S/he should have strong communication, project management, organisational and influencing skills
- Ability to effectively manage a wide range of diverse activities simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Self-starter with good motivational and inter-personal skills
For further information on this Continuous Improvement Engineer role in Roscommon please contact Jenny Mullery on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval