Continuous Improvement Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12541
Continuous Improvement Engineer- Shannon
Provides support to reduce lead times, improve efficiency, reduce cost, and improve quality in the manufacturing cells. Provides support to senior team members in the development and deployment of standardized best practice methodologies across the global manufacturing network. Provides support to senior team members in the development, implementation, and communication of strategies that meet the goal of producing high quality product at high levels of efficiency for our customer. Responsible for gathering relevant, factual information and data required for problem solving.
General Functions –
• Assist in the development, implementation, and communication of strategies that meet the goal of producing high quality products at high levels of efficiency for our customers
• Assist in the implementation of continuous improvement activities. Assists in the application of lean manufacturing to eliminate waste, reduce lead times and improve product quality
• Responsible for gathering relevant, factual information and data required for problem solving.
• Participates in structured problem solving using Six Sigma methodologies.
• Formulate procedures, specifications, and standards for products and processes. Prepares manufacturing process work instructions and operating procedures and can implement those instructions on the production floor by both providing training and facilitating discussions to address issues.
• Implements process changes through the Change Management System.
• Collect and analyze information to improve the performance of the department and identify areas for improvement.
• Provide support for engineering related projects for the Advance Manufacturing team.
Expected Areas of Competence (i.e. KSAs)
• In-depth knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
• In-depth knowledge of Six Sigma
• Broad knowledge and experience with project management tools and methods
• Demonstrated ability to lead and coach the implementation of transactional improvements through cross-functional teams by listening and utilizing influence skills. (leadership)
• Able to take action in solving problems and making decisions while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues, able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics. (decision-making &problem solving)
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written) in a clear and concise manner. (communicate)
• Presentation skills. Able to clearly present information; influence or persuade others through oral presentations in positive and negative circumstances, listens well.
• Must possess a collaborative style to work effectively throughout the organization. Able to work with people in such a manner as to minimize resistance to change and commitment to goals and objectives.
• Able to influence actions and opinions of others in a desired direction, to exhibit judgment in leading others to worthwhile objectives.
• Must be proficient in MS Office Applications.
Essential Requirements Desired
Degree / Diploma/Certificate in Science, Engineering, or other technical disciplines
Six Sigma Green Belt Qualification
Experience working in an engineering or continuous improvement role
For further information on Engineer role in Shannon please contact Brian Walsh on +353 86 0449371 or email:email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12597 Accounts Assistant Our client, a leading manufacturing company in Galway City, is …
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12596 Product Design Engineer Job Summary Reporting to the engineering manager, the project design engineer- MIS will support…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12037 Quality Systems Engineer Our Client, a global leader in medical device manufacturing…