Continuous Improvement Lead
Our client, a medical device company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit a Continuous Improvement Lead for their site.
- Develop a Continuous Improvement plan in line with the Global Continuous Improvement (CI) Strategy and Plant Strategy.
- Participate as a key member of the Global CI team; acting as a key change agent and reporting back using appropriate metrics on progress towards the overall lean programme
- Participate as part of the Plant Leadership Team at the local site to engage, gain buy-in, and support for implementation of changes
- Implement the CI plan in conjunction with the operating area using lean tools. Lead the improvement Kaizen projects and Value Stream Mapping events as required. This will include both an annual cost savings target and defined improvement measures established as part of the CI plan
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through front line employee engagement with standard work, on the floor problem solving and idea generation.
- Flexible mind-set to ensure that initiatives are implemented for the greater good of the company and not just the local site
- Connect with the shop floor and relate to front line associates to implement ideas.
- Think globally but implement improvement initiatives at a local level
- Willingness to try different ideas, even with the risk of failing, but to learn from the experience.
- Ability to execute (follow through) on initiatives to deliver the plant goals
- An Honours Degree in Operations Management, Engineering or Lean equivalent.
- Project Management experience, preferably full certification.
- 7 years in a progressive manufacturing environment with a proven track record of performance management, including supervisory level experience for a minimum of 3 years.
- Strong track record of managing change in a high volume manufacturing environment through the hands-on application of lean tools and employee engagement techniques
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of front line management on the production floor
- Black Belt Certification
- Knowledge and application of Lean techniques.
- Strong leadership, change management, and facilitation preferred
- Strong in Microsoft Office Suite
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval