Continuous Improvement Manager
Job ID: JOB-12116
Continuous Improvement Manager Our client, a medical device company is recruiting for a Continuous Improvement Manager for their site in Mayo. This role is commutable from Sligo and Roscommon. The Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager will support assigned areas through the coaching and development of local leaders on the administration, deployment and technical aspects of Production System. The individual will help identify, develop, and deploy continuous improvement activities utilizing the systems and elements within their Production System. The CI Manager will engage with all levels of leadership in the prioritization and coordination of CI activities across the site, while consulting with senior leaders and providing analysis on a variety of performance improvements, process related topics and cultural enablers supporting delivery of strategy (Safety, Quality, Service and Cost
- Facilitates in-person or virtual “train the trainer” sessions to ensure consistency of implementation across site
- Act as an independent, un-biased counselor to plant manager to challenge status quo while owning site performance.
- Serves as a coach to local leaders on the implementation and deployment of Production System while acting as a subject matter expert.
- Supports leaders in the identification, definition and solving of complex problems that materially affect site performance through the use of Visual Performance Management, Structured Problem Solving and use of other elements to standardize the solution.
- Partners with Regional and Global System leadership and subject matter experts to assess needs in support of developing system strategies and improvements that drive organizational performance.
- Acts as an internal resource in support of strategy deployment activities; supporting the development of short and long term strategies incorporating their Production System practices to facilitate progress and achieve strategic objectives
- Builds a culture of continuous learning and enablement through the deployment of their Production System.
- Supports associate development through observation, providing formal and informal feedback.
- Coordinates and leads key improvement initiatives while acting as a coach to internal teams; coordinating workshops, team trainings, and openly sharing technical expertise related to clients Production System to ensure continued adoption of elements.
- Coaches and develops a problem-solving culture at all levels of the organization
Work Experience/ Requirements
- 5-8 years’ experience in a progressive manufacturing environment with a proven record of accomplishment of performance management, including supervisory level experience for a minimum of 3 years. Preferred front line supervisory experience on the production/operations floor, quality, or engineering.
- Preferred 4 year university degree in Engineering or Operations Management
- Experience working in mature production system environments is a plus.
- Lean Practitioner training is a plus
- Strong track record of managing change in a high volume manufacturing environment through the hands-on application of lean tools and employee engagement techniques
- Strong ability to influence without authority and collaborate
- Strong in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge and application of Lean techniques
- Strong leadership, change management, and facilitation skills required
- Demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional team and challenge the status quo/change agent
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Flexible mindset to ensure that initiatives are implemented for the greater good of client and not just the local site
- Communication skills to connect with the shop floor and relate to front line associates
- Willingness to try different ideas, even with the risk of failing, but to learn from the experience.
- Ability to execute (follow through) on initiatives to deliver both global and plant goals
For further information on this Continuous Improvement Manager role in Mayo, please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12601 Engineering Graduates Don’t miss the opportunity to build your career and see the world….
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12600 Industrial SCADA Software Engineer We want to speak to…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12599 Validation Engineer I or II Hybrid Location: Galway As our newest member of the Validation Engineering team, you…