Telephone: 087 4108620
Continuous Improvement Supervisor
Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Continuous Improvement Supervisor for their site.
- Own facility layout and design projects with the Production Teams, Facilities and Engineering teams (as directed by site).
- Initiate, lead and champion lean projects (i.e. Lean Production, Lean Support and Born Lean) with the Assembly & Moulding Production areas, Engineering and support functions.
- Ownership for driving CI programmes through the business.
- Drive the ongoing introduction and advancement of lean manufacturing culture, principles and practices across the plant and work with Production Teams to create the Lean vision for the plant.
- Constantly promote, educate and instill the culture of waste identification and elimination throughout the plant in manufacturing and support areas.
- Coordinate and lead general engineering tasks, which may include: creating and updating standards, maintaining BOMS and routers and leading site projects that are part of the business development plan
- Develop and conduct Lean training programs for employees at all levels and departments.
- Create, maintain and refine a Lean toolkit that can include: 5S, Kaizen, TPM, quick change over, value stream mapping, & Quality Engineering.
- Promote cross-functional and inter-site teamwork to accomplish shared objectives.
- May supervise, mentor or provide work direction to other members of the team.
Qualifications & Other Skills
- Up to 5 years’ experience in a similar role preferably in a manufacturing operation.
- Degree in Engineering/ Manufacturing management or equivalent.
- Lean /Six-sigma qualification an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Strong team player, self-motivated.
- Excellent problem skills with attention to detail.
For further information on this Continuous Improvement Supervisor role in Galway please contact Edel Kelly on 087 4108620 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.