Control Systems Engineer
Job ID: JOB-11845
Control Systems Engineer
Position Summary: Our client, based in Galway are recruiting for an experienced Control Systems Engineer to plan, implement and maintain a comprehensive Factory Control System Infrastructure, which is in line with medical, corporate & customer requirements in order to facilitate a world-class manufacturing environment. This role provides support and ongoing development to a number of high speed automated production lines and new product introductions, specifically in the medical device arena. The role will play particular attention to PLC controlled equipment, vision systems, revision control systems and manufacturing data integrity & security.
The position will report to the Engineering manager
- Proactively manages and supports the existing Automation infrastructure for optimal performance and minimized downtime. Makes appropriate, justifiable suggestions for system enhancements
- Collaborates with the IT Group, Application Group, External Technical Resources to provide comprehensive support of all Automation and Information Systems and Technologies
- Provides Final Third Level support on all technical issues
- Provides solutions, which implement industry best practice to deliver improved productivity and efficiency throughout the organization
- Installs and deploys systems, software and peripherals as required, liaising with external vendors and service contractors as appropriate. Sources appropriate equipment and services through appropriate liaison with Purchasing department
- Provides Technical Direction for all new infrastructure developments
- Develops, implements and manages comprehensive contingency plans for all critical systems including regular documented tests
- Benchmarks system performance and provides regular reports.
- Interfaces with Corporate Information Systems on standards, support, and new infrastructure developments
- Utilizes a Project Management methodology to plan, coordinate and implement Key projects assigned by Business Unit Managers. Provides regular reports to Management and delivers project within agreed time-frames and budgets
- Documentation is a key function of any Engineering professional. All knowledge is to be captured and shared as the fundamental aspect of system support. All procedures must be written and controlled to ISO standards.
- Utilizes Continuous Process Improvement methodologies to improve the overall quality of all systems you come into contact with
- Develops training programmes for our Dystems Technician line support.
- Provides innovative inputs to new production lines in the areas of control, data collection, motive power, robotics, vision systems and communications.
- Designs, develops and implements process improvements on new and existing lines
- Experience with PLC programming & HMI system configuration.
- Good understanding of GMP’s and GAMP standards including validation process & knowledge of FDA 21CFR Part 11/820, ISO13485 and other applicable regulations.
- Ability to read electrical & pneumatic diagrams.
- Excellent Project Management and Time Management skills.
- Excellent communication Skills both written and verbal.
- The ability to interface with Senior Management and make presentations when necessary.
- Facilitation skills and a sound understanding of team dynamics.
- A motivated individual with focus and discipline.
- An achievement oriented self-starter with excellent problem solving skills.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A Degree in Engineering with 5+ years’ relevant experience.
- Experience in Automated Manufacturing / Medical Device Manufacturing environment essential.
- Essential experience required with PLC programming, in-line vision systems, barcode systems, network topology, pc application software, systematic troubleshooting / problem solving skills.
- Experience of TCP/IP and Wide Area Network architectures.
- Programming of Allen-Bradley Controllogix5000 and PLC5, Siemens S7, Visual Basic applications.
- Equipment and Software Validation, IQ, OQ and PQ.
- Requirement for FDA/ISO13485 Medical Device experience.
- Prior experience with test systems & lab view deployments.
- Extensive Travel requirements & project assignment which could last for up to 8 months in duration.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Ciaran Fahy on 087-4108620/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11974 IT Systems Administrator My pharma client based in County Galway are looking to hire an…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11973 Regulatory Affairs Specialist Permanent Job Purpose: As a Regulatory Affairs Specialist, you will be a…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11861 Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer Our client, is recruiting for a Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer to…