Job ID: JOB-12021
Our client an automation company are seeking a dynamic and experienced individual to join either their Sligo or Cork site. The successful candidate will work on challenging, innovative projects within a highly technical and collaborative working group. As a Controls Engineer you will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of complex controls systems for automation equipment.
- Work within the wider engineering group to develop concepts and specifications for equipment from User Requirement Specifications.
- Develop and Debug machine control programs including PLC/HMI/Robotics/Motion Control/Vision/etc.
- Involvement in research, development, and implementation of new control technologies
- Co-ordinate and manage controls elements of build and debug of equipment.
- Responsible for completing controls aspects of projects within the schedule and budget.
- Liaising with customers on requirement specifications and project deliverables
- Develop relationships with suppliers for equipment/component procurement.
- Responsibility for design, commissioning, and safety of controls systems.
- Provide guidance and direction to junior staff to help them realise designs and ensure that the customer end goals are being achieved.
- Development of machine documentation to meet EU standards.
- Meeting project deliverables and deadlines
- Educated to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Min 5 years relevant experience working on the creation of machine control systems. o Ability to program AB Control Logix, Siemens S7 o Familiar with configuring, commissioning, and debugging common machine networks and drive systems. o Experience in robotics (ABB, Fanuc, Mitsubishi, Epson) o Experience of machine vision (Cognex, Keyence)
- Must be keenly interested in engineering technology and remaining knowledgeable about the cutting edge of automation technology.
- Excellent communication skills are vital to communicate effectively on job specification, technical direction, and issues daily.
- Must be a self-starter with good attention to detail, willing to take ownership and responsibility to realise project milestones and timelines.
- Project management experience advantageous
- Proven track record in delivering solutions.
- Current driving license and able to travel as required.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12034 Manufacturing/Process Engineer II Location: Clare Reporting to: Engineering Manager Purpose Statement The person taking up…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12033 SOURCING ENGINEER Our Client, a global leader in Medical Devices are seeking to attract a…
Job ID: JOB-11903 Recruitment Consultant HERO Recruitment is hiring a Recruitment Consultant for our Galway office. Our company is a…