Job ID: JOB-11641
Controls & Automation Engineer
Our client, a leading medical device company in Galway are looking for a Controls Engineer to join their team.
- To assist the Equipment Engineering department in the design, manufacture, and testing of manufacturing equipment to produce medical devices.
- Defines Control Platform and Delivers Software Development for new equipment designs and equipment updates, participates in equipment design reviews, delivers equipment documentation under BSC quality SOPs and following GDP. This person would be required to take a lead role in the design of manufacturing equipment from initialisation to final handover.
- Develops New PLC, HMI/SCADA, Database Code or portion of Code according to User Requirement Specifications.
- Supervises and/or contribute the Electrical and Safety design of new Equipment and equipment upgrades.
- Ensures best machine control practices are employed in new designs and updates.
- Works closely with the customer to understand requirements and propose creative and cost-effective solutions.
- Leads and/or Participates on cross-functional Design Reviews.
- Manages projects and portions of projects as part of a larger team.
- Determines Project schedules and works with team and other departments across the plant to ensure adherence.
- Generates quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgraded equipment.
- Leads and/or Participates in Equipment Troubleshooting Activity.
- Engages in day-to-day operations and is driven to solve problems.
- Ability to balance multiple projects.
- Experience of PLC Programming for Machine Automation – RSLogix
- Experience HMI/SCADA Design – Rockwell – Factorytalk View
- Factorytalk Historian
- Servo/ Motion Control.
- Robot Automation – Kuka, Denso
- Machine Electrical & Safety Design as per European Machinery Directive and derivate Standards.
- Project Management Skills
- Experience working in a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Technical Writing skills.
- Good multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Must be a good team player and show ability and willingness to mentor and support other engineers.
- Candidates are required to have a minimum of 6+ years’ experience in a similar role.
For further information on this Controls role in Galway please contact Ciaran Fahy on 0874108620/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11736 Senior Quality Engineer – Process Validation A leading medical device manufacturer in Galway is recruiting for a…
Job ID: JOB-11735 Senior Operations Manager Our client a medical device MNC is recruiting for a leadership role in Galway….
Job ID: JOB-11731 Planner/Buyer Our client in South County Galway is recruiting for a planner/buyer to join their team, you…