Our client a leading medical device company is recruiting for a Controls Engineer for their site in Galway.
The successful candidates will be responsible to assist the Equipment Engineering department in the design, manufacture, and testing of manufacturing equipment to produce medical devices.
- Defines Control Platform and Delivers Software Development for new equipment designs and equipment updates, participates in equipment design reviews, delivers equipment documentation under BSC quality SOPs and following GDP. This person would be required to take a lead role in the design of manufacturing equipment from initialisation to final handover
- Develops New PLC, HMI/SCADA, Database Code or portion of Code according to User Requirement Specifications.
- Supervises and/or contribute the Electrical and Safety design of new Equipment and equipment upgrades.
- Ensures best machine control practices are employed in new designs and updates.
- Works closely with the customer to understand requirements and propose creative and cost-effective solutions.
- Leads and/or Participates on cross-functional Design Reviews.
- Manages projects and portions of projects as part of a larger team.
- Determines Project schedules and works with team and other departments across the plant to ensure adherence.
- Generates quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgraded equipment.
- Leads and/or Participates in Equipment Troubleshooting Activity.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Engineer Degree equivalent to or above NFQ Level 8.
- Minimum of 6+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience of PLC Programming for Machine Automation – RSLogix
- Experience HMI/SCADA Design – Rockwell – Factorytalk View
- PID Design and Tuning.
- Servo Control.
- Machine Electrical & Safety Design as per European Machinery Directive and derivate Standards.
- Project Management Skills
- Experience working in a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Engages in day-to-day operations and is driven to solve problems.
- Ability to balance multiple projects.
- Technical Writing skills with good multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Must be a good team player and show ability and willingness to motivate and support other engineers.
For further information on this Engineer role in Galway, please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Our client, a manufacturing company in Waterford are currently looking to recruit an AutomationSystems/Controls Engineer for their site. The Automation…
Controls Engineer Our client a leading medical device company is recruiting for a Controls Engineer for their site in Galway….
Senior Sustaining Engineer Our client, a leading MNC is recruiting for a Senior Sustaining Engineer for their site in Limerick….