Controls Project Engineer
Job ID: JOB-11955
Controls Project Engineer
As Controls Project Engineer you design and program PLC controls for our clients’ material handling systems at our clients’ office, meeting high quality demands on a project basis. During the engineering phase you work closely together with a multidisciplinary project team to deliver a Functional Specification. After that, you are responsible for the detailed design, programming, and testing of the PLC software. When the engineering phase is finished, you will go to the customer site to do the commissioning of the conveyor system. The customer site can be anywhere in the world. During this commissioning phase you carry out functional testing of the PLC hardware and software. You are also responsible for integrating your PLC software in the overall control system and assist in the customer acceptance testing. During the execution of the project you closely monitor the available budget and the agreed schedule, and you take the appropriate actions when necessary.
The Project Engineering department is responsible for the worldwide execution of projects in which the different components (mechanical, electromechanical and controls) of our material handling systems are implemented. Working under the supervision of a Project Leader, closely working together with the Integration Manager, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, the Controls Project Engineer is part of a multidisciplinary team of Engineers.
- Successfully completed education at HBO (higher vocational education) level in Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Automation, Computer Science or Controls Technology
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong analytic skills
- Proactive, pragmatic and hands on attitude
- Delivering feedback and best practice to improve our products
- Communicating with regular progress reports
- Managing deadlines and milestones
- Knowledge of and experience in PLC applications (TIA Portal)
- Willing to work regularly for extended periods in other countries (up to 50% of your time)
- Good command of the English language
- Good command of the Dutch language is preferred
For further information on this role please contact Laura Neary on 086 773 8651/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11974 IT Systems Administrator My pharma client based in County Galway are looking to hire an…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11973 Regulatory Affairs Specialist Permanent Job Purpose: As a Regulatory Affairs Specialist, you will be a…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11861 Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer Our client, is recruiting for a Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer to…