Controls Technician in Mayo
Our Client is seeking applications for the position of Engineering Controls Technician for their site in Mayo. This is a temporary role for a 12 month period reporting to the Senior Project Process Engineer.
The main focus of this position will be to work under the guidance of the Electrical/Controls Engineer in the area of design, commissioning, troubleshooting and maintenance of the electrical and control systems of both new and existing equipment in the plant.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Process Support: - the position will provide specialized technical support in the day-to-day operation of the assigned manufacturing processes, specifically supporting the various control systems. This work will involve troubleshooting problems encountered in the daily operations of the equipment.
- Process Improvements: - the position will identify and implement areas of process improvement in line with Lean TPI initiatives. The position will lead small teams in achieving these improvements. The role will also provide relevant specialized support for the implementation of machine upgrades performed by Project Engineering.
- Support introduction of new equipment: - the position will liaise with Project Engineering and support the implementation of new manufacturing equipment, specifically in the area of Electrical and Controls.
- Support introduction of new products: the position will support the introduction of new products in the assigned area.
- Maintenance: providing technical support to maintenance staff to ensure that equipment is properly maintained from a controls perspective.
- Safety review - ensure design and implementation of any process change is in compliance with safety standards and regulations.
- Environmental standards - ensure any work performed adheres to the environmental standards subscribed to by the plant (ISO 14001)
- Training: both provide and receive necessary training in order to perform required responsibilities.
- Fully qualified electrician and/OR Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- 6-8 years' experience working in a Controls/PLC manufacturing environment
- Solid understanding of PLC systems, Programming and Electrical standards
- Networking of computers and machines
- Pneumatic systems, schematics and SCADA systems
- Electrical drawings / CAD and motion control, robotics and vision systems.
For further information on this Controls Technician role in Mayo please contact Emma Ward on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to hearing from you!
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval