Our client, a MNC company located in Cork, is recruiting for a Cost Accountant to join their team. This is a permanent role and is commutable from Kerry and Tipperary.
- Management Accounting: Participation in the Management accounting close process, variance analysis, balance sheet reconciliation, analytical reviews and reporting.
- Management Accounting: Be an active participant in the site Budgeting & Forecasting Processes, with responsibility for data gathering, Productivity & Manufacturing Variance analysis and Standard Costing analysis at annual planning cycle.
- Inventory Accounting: Responsible for Inventory reporting from the Finance department’s perspective; Monthly analysis; Corporate Reporting; Inventory Aging and Turns; Co-ordination of Plans & Forecasts; Inventory Exposure; Work proactively with all departments in the development of improvements in Inventory management and Inventory accuracy; Responsible for Co-ordinating Quarterly Excess and Obsolescence Reviews. Responsible for preparing Variances summary for quarterly forecasts and annual budget. Ensure adequate physical control of inventory through Cycle count policies and procedures
- Variance Analysis: Analysis of & reporting on monthly manufacturing variances ; Responsible for monthly Production Scrap analysis; Daily & Weekly reporting on Scrap; Responsible for Scrap Scorecard & Review of Production Yield with Operations.
- Business Partnering: Work collaboratively with different business units to develop a real and active partnership between Finance and the Business.
- Business Partnering :Partner with Business units & Core Teams at the Cork site, understand the business needs, support their requirements in terms of Management Information and develop their understanding & ownership of Core Metrics;
- Business Partnering: Provide analytical and interpretive support to operations management; Hold weekly/monthly reviews to drive superior performance; Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Value Improvement Programmes: Responsible for reporting of monthly VIP’s. Play active support role in identifying, supporting and reporting new VIP’s.
- Project work: Identify and implement continuous improvement projects and participate in cross-functional projects as required.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Qualified Accountant with 2-5 years of strong relevant experience in Financial Planning & Costing within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Well organised, self-motivated person with the ability to operate on own initiative
- Attention to detail & ability to cope with complex and high volume work load
- Manages Execution, strong leadership & influencing skills and Technical Expertise.
- Highly adaptable solution orientated strong lean/CI track record
For further information on this Cost Accountant role in Cork please contact Helga Reeves on 086 8168298 firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
.NET Developer – Remote Our client, a technology company based in the North West of Ireland are currently looking to…
Supply Chain & Inventory Analyst My client has a new position for a Supply Chain & Inventory Analyst to join…
Title: Quality Engineer – Process Validation II Duration: 12 months FTC Location: Parkmore / WFH Start Date: ASAP Summary: Our…