Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Cost Accountant for their site, where you will be responsible for the cost accounting for their manufacturing facility and provide accurate financial reporting and analysis to track performance and influence business decisions.
Reporting to: Senior Cost Accountant
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Work with the team of Cost Accountants who prepare and maintain detailed standard cost models for a large range of in-house manufactured pharmaceutical products.
- To take ownership of the cost accounting for the manufacturing facility including monthly reporting of P&L, sales versus budget, cost of sales and analysis of variances.
- Produce KPI reports to support best practice and lean initiatives.
- Partner with business unit leaders to support the growth of the business unit and to provide accurate new product costings.
- Help execute the migration of financial data from legacy systems to the new ERP system.
- Development and implementation of internal controls relating to production & inventory
- Reconcile control accounts monthly and support year end close activities.
- Analysing actual manufacturing costs, and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the cost drivers in the business and to model alternatives as required to help drive cost out of the business.
- Advanced MS office skills with the ability to analyse & manipulate large data sets.
- Demonstrate a strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent communication skills & the ability to interact with the wider operations is key.
- Exposure to ERP financial systems and systems implementation.
- Keen eye for detail & be organised with ability to prioritise tasks for self and others including working to tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills, ability to deliver financial data in a user friendly and relevant manner.
- Fully Qualified Accountant CIMA/ACCA (however equivalent non-qualified experience may also be considered)
For further information on this Cost Accountant role in Galway please contact Vanessa Lynch on 086 0462367 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.