Our client, an engineering company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Cost Accounting Manager for their site.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Supporting the business is a key part of this role.
- He / she will be the 'go to person' for management and other key personnel in terms of financial support. This will include support to Supply Chain, Sales, HR and New Business Development.
- The ability to identify critical data and analyse it effectively is an important part of this role. Also important is the evaluation of potential Capital Expenditure in terms of feasibility, return on investment, etc.
- Additionally, the person will be part of project teams that aim to improve performances and deliver on process improvements and cost saving initiatives. He / she will provide extensive support during the annual budgeting process.
- The candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of Cost Accounting within a manufacturing company and will fully understand the building of a standard cost, be adept at variance analysis (e.g. PPV / MUV ) and fully understand the link between manufacturing operations and costing.
- Part of the role will be to help critically examine pricing structures within the business and make recommendations to protect and improve profitability. He / she will be involved in decisions whether to accept or reject new sales opportunities and will be strong in the area of margin analysis.
- The successful candidate will be very experienced and knowledgeable in a fully integrated ERP system, preferably JD Edwards but experience in SAP, BAAN or Oracle is also acceptable.
- A detailed knowledge and understanding of system transactions within a manufacturing environment is a prerequisite for this position, as is the ability to fully appreciate the financial implications of these transactions and their impact upon the financial statements.
- Reporting in to this new role will be the Manufacturing Cost Accountant so the successful applicant will be expected to mentor, direct and manage the MCA in order to maximise their contribution
Experience / Qualifications
- This is a key position with the Finance group and overall management team.
- The person must be a self-starter, be able to work on his / her own initiative, be willing to be immersed in the business, be a very strong communicator and willing to challenge others in order to make a critical contribution to the success of the business.
- He / she must have very strong IT skills, both in terms of a thorough understanding of how an ERP system works in a manufacturing environment and also Excel.
- The successful candidate will be a decision maker, will make recommendations and be strong enough to guarantee follow through.
- 3 to 5 years post qualification experience within a manufacturing organisation is required.
For further information on this Cost Accounting Manager role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 0212066287 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval