Telephone: 086 0449371
Cost Accounting Manager
Leading manufacturing company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Cost Accounting Manager for their site.
What will I be doing
- The successful Candidate will be the owner and advisor for all direct product costs, fixed costs, productivity and inventory-related matters.
- Provide effective leadership to a cost accounting team of two people. Provide development, coaching and training guidance to value stream cost accountants.
- Lead cost target setting and performance measurement where the owner understands the target and the performance variance. Initiate and lead regular weekly/monthly cost performance meetings with the relevant cost owners which also promptly addresses recovery of adverse performance for direct product costs, an expense line, a cost center or some other metric as appropriate.
- Accurate Completion and timely submission of various cost performance reports and scorecards to the ISC EMEA region-al controller.
- Leading by example in supporting the financial month end close and associated reconciliations with sub ledgers/sub sys-tems.
- Identification or execution of cost saving projects, including grant claims, outsourcing or/and insourcing opportunities. Supporting EMEIA region with various cost related initiatives including reporting.
- Use effective and accurate financial modeling to support timely decision making.
- Manage accurate inventory accounting in accordance with Corporate policy
- Gatekeeper for productivity reporting, Capital expenditure and non-production expenditure requisitions.
- Provide effective and timely cost tracking versus targets of major new product programs (unit cost, capital spend and overall profit equation)
What do I need
- Professional accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) essential.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in manufacturing industry, preferably within the multinational sector with product costing exposure.
- Knowledge of Oracle would be an advantage.
- Strong Business and Customer Focus
- Ability to take a leadership role in identifying opportunities for change
- Maintains a high level of teamwork within own team and with other members of finance and operations teams.
For further information on this Cost Accountant role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / email@example.com Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval