Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Cost Analyst for their site on a 6 months contracting basis. This role has a strong change of going permanent after 6 months
The successful candidate will have direct input into the maintenance of standard costs, analysis of spend and reporting of performance relating to the Galway manufacturing operation.
- Maintain the monthly/daily update of standard costs and item maintenance within the Oracle R12 costing and inventory modules in line with policy to ensure transactions reflect the correct financial results.
- Support daily operations by inputting costs within the NCA database for “No Charge Authorisation”. Physically reviewing Finished Goods (FG) inventory monthly and annually to ensure there are no discrepancies. Approve Cycle count adjustments in Oracle R12 and write off of scrap material as required.
- Present performance on labour productivity with a weekly Hours per Unit (HPU) report. Provide details of overtime hours worked by department to control costs. Monthly preparation and analysis of Direct, Indirect, R&D and Admin cost center performance reports.
- Weekly management of approval and coding of Berman and Blake Freight Payment files so AP can accurately post to financials
- Supporting the financial month end close and associated reconciliations with sub ledgers/sub systems. Posting Expense PO accrual and preparing a detailed GL Drilldown report. Analysing variances as required. Preparation of the Monthly Margins Report.
- Submission of statistical returns and input of HTS codes in Oracle R12 for new part numbers or changes. Monthly SADS return to Revenue to maintain favourable duty rates.
- Providing costed Bills of Materials to support various projects
- Ensure compliance in duties completed and keep documentation up to date. Test processes periodically for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance.
- Engage with the wider finance and operations teams to support activities with analysis and reports as requested.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Accounting Technician or Recently/Part Qualified accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) essential.
- A willingness to learn and develop whilst being able to work on own initiative. Work experience in manufacturing industry would be preferably but not essential
- Knowledge of Oracle and advanced Excel would be an advantage.
- Strong Business and Customer Focus with attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work seamlessly within the finance team and with other functions.
For further information on this Cost Analyst role in Galway please contact Vanessa Lynch on 086 0462367 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.