Telephone: 086 0449371
Credit Risk Analyst
Our client, a company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Credit Risk Analyst for their site.
Based in Galway, Ireland, the successful candidate will report to the Credit Team Lead of an International Ltd in a fast paced goal oriented Credit & collections department. In this role, you will perform risk assessment, credit evaluation and determine appropriate credit lines for our customers for both domestic and international markets.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform credit analysis of new and existing customers. Recommend credit limits appropriate to risk profile through diligent risk assessment and monitoring. Review all available sources of credit & financial information including Credit agencies, financial statements.
- Monitor and assess the health of the AR portfolio with the intent to minimize potential bad debt losses.
- Develop reports which will help to understand the current risk exposure and help senior management to take decisions based on this data.
- Highlight significant credit risk to senior management
- Review contractual payment terms and approve or make recommendations
- Analyse historic payment trends
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with all cross functional teams including sales
- Adhere to all financial controls and timely completion of all required training
- Accounting Technician or equivalent Credit qualification desirable
- Third Level Diploma/Degree an advantage
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in a large multinational corporation
- SAP/FSCM Collections Module or other major ERP Systems experience is desirable
- Knowledge of financial statement analysis and risk assessment is required for both domestic and International markets.
- Strong Excel & analytical skills required.
- Excellent organizational and strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Cultural awareness in working with many diverse groups.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize deliverables and manage cross-group projects
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities including regular support on daily order release and collections with the team
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced high volume environment
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval