Our client, a world player providing Payments and Financial Services to the tourist and financial industry internationally is looking to recruit a C#/.NET Software Developer on a daily rate for a minimum 12 week period for its offices in Galway.
The .Net Developer role is a key role in supporting IT Payment Solutions and leading project development activities. As a .NET Software Developer you will work on the analysis, design, development and maintenance of Payment solutions, according to business needs and requirements. This role includes working with the Payments Lead Developer and Delivery Manager in scheduling project development deliverables.
This role is undertaken by delivering a consistently high level of service in line with policies and procedures and in keeping with the Company's mission, vision and 5 year strategy.
KEY RESULT AREA
- Analysis, design, development and maintenance of the Payment solutions & projects. Prioritise and delivery of all tasks assigned. Taking ownership of all work items and issues- end to end and proactive follow up.
- Work closely with the Lead Developer and Delivery Management on related activity for planning, scheduling and software release. Implementation of multiple project components from a technical perspective.
- Being able to estimate, prioritise and manage multiple tasks. Proactively working with the Lead Developer and Delivery Manager to solve issues. Making effective time to work on scheduled tasks.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of a technical environment. Identifying, designing and delivering solutions within system scope.
- Conduct unit and integration testing ensuring that code releases are of high quality with adequate error checking and testing. Taking ownership and proactively following up on defect root causes- providing timely updates and report information to management/client when required. Provide and review the status of all work items. Working closely with the QA team in responding to raised defects and queries.
- Taking ownership of support, follow up and bring to resolution any outstanding issues. Follow internal processes for logging issues. Communicate at all times with all parties involved with regard to status of issues etc.
- Follow best practices and adhere to coding standards at all times.
- Work closely with Business and IT teams to understand requirements
- Research, evaluate and recommend new technologies or development tools.
- Train new and junior team members in product development and methodology.
- Participate fully in the Company's Performance Management Process
Education & Experience
- Must have 5+ year experience working in an IT development environment
- Must have experience designing and implementing complex high-availability systems
- Must have hands on experience in .NET, C#, SQL Server, ASP.NET
- Knowledge of, and experience using proven software patterns (eg. MVC, MVVM)
- Must have experience developing unit tests
- Must have proven experience creating solid designs using OO techniques and documenting the same
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in IT studies is required.
Preferred skills/experience, but not essential
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services a big advantage
- Angular JS experience
- WCF experience
- SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services
- SQL Profiling
- SOAP UI, Load UI
- Agile development
- Automated Build/Deployment experience
- Moq or similar mocking framework
- Unity or similar Dependency Injection framework
Skills & Key Competencies
- Must be a quick learner and natural developer who can "hit the ground running" and pick up new skills and technologies at ease
- Must be able to efficiently work and communicate in English verbally and in writing.
- Must be a team player who enjoys working in a fast growing international company.
- Must be able to operate in a dynamic environment with defined deadlines.
- Must be a good verbal communicator both face to face and over the telephone.
- Must have passion for delivering state of the art applications.
- Must be eager to explore and apply latest technologies available on the market.
- Must have proven problem solving skills.
- Must be able to learn and teach.
- Must be able to participate in formal & informal discussions and translate into systems enhancement opportunities.
For further information on this .Net software developer position please contact Bridin Quinn on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our Hero Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please note Hero Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.