We are currently looking for people who want to work on the next generation of core products for deployment on a global scale. We want to talk with people who want to
- Create better experiences for users
- Prioritise ease of use and functionality
- Build and deploy new cloud based services
- Ask questions of the biggest datasets
- Be passionate, impactful and Be first
- Join a team on a mission and new journey
As Data Architect, you will be responsible for developing the data models and data architecture of solutions based on the infrastructure and environment which is used to support the business and products. You will also work with Architects from other parts of the organization to collaborate on designing/documenting technical frameworks, architectures and methodologies for business applications at an enterprise level.
- Responsible for data models and data architecture for new applications and products
- Ensuring architecture is realized in the end product
- Support and influence selection and adoption of core technologies, development tools and standards in conjunction with the Senior Architect, Directors and Senior Engineering Managers
- Key contributor to defining and governing architecture standards working with the Senior Architect and other architects
- Partner with developers, analysts, and tech leads across the enterprise, to identify business needs and appropriate technical solutions
- Development of Prototypes and Proof of Concept applications as required to prove new architectures and technologies
- Communication and stakeholder management of technology and business stakeholders
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to engineers to support business and operational partners.
- Provide mentoring and coaching for other architects within Architecture practice
- Build and manage the data architecture and design at both High level and low level
- Lead and participate in the peer review and QA of project architectural artifacts across organization through governance forums. Report key architecture decisions and implications.
- Drive project knowledge back to the standards and ensure that the Enterprise Data Model evolves correctly
Knowledge & Skills
- Must have 5+ years experience working as data architect at an enterprise level
- Excellent understanding of business challenges around delivery of Digital solutions at pace within a large organisation
- Ability to translate and articulate business requirements in terms appropriate to the audience
- Ability to determine the best technical solution to meet a business outcome.
- Strong understanding of how technology relates to business, market and industry and applies knowledge to support the needs of critical systems and projects
- Experience of working in commercial and financial institutions in a regulatory environment
- Experience with Micro Services, User Experience, Responsive Design, API Adoption, Cloud Stacks, Structured and Unstructured Databases and Big Data Platforms.
- Have a strong architecture background with deep knowledge of large scale enterprise business systems and solutions integration. Provide technical thought leadership and proven ability to compare and contrast different technologies to meet a business requirement and influence key stakeholders leading to adoption. Have in-depth conceptual functional and non-functional knowledge of:
- Service architecture - Experience of API and service based architectures using REST APIs, micro-services and utilising JSON for web applications
- Experience of the following technologies:
- RDBMS database technology - Oracle 11g+, Postgresql, etc
- NoSQL database technology – Cassandra, MongoDB, Graph database, etc
- Data analytics
- Data reporting
- CI/CD - tools such as Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Git, Stash, SonarQube, Performance centre
- Cloud Technologies - PaaS/IaaS/SaaS –Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure, etc
- Methods and delivery - DevOps processes and experience. Strong understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery including Scrum, Kanban, Lean User Experience (UX), XP
- High availability and contingency solutions
- Knowledge of PCI DSS and PA DSS
- Working knowledge of several database platforms
- Must have a knowledge of machine learning, such as pattern recognition, classification and predictive modelling
- Must have experience in data mining
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations
- Promoted and led best practice in risk and compliance management
- Ability to dive in, understand both business and customer’s needs
- Detail oriented with a passion for Quality
- Have some base understanding of relevant statistical methods.
- Previous industry experience working with Data Science teams would be a distinct advantage.
For further information on this Data Architect role in Tipperary please contact Dee Curley on 091 730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.