- Responsible for data models and data architecture for new applications and products
- Ensuring architecture is realized in the end product
- Support and influence selection and adoption of core technologies, development tools and standards in conjunction with the Senior Architect, Directors and Senior Engineering Managers
- Key contributor to defining and governing architecture standards working with the Senior Architect and other architects
- Partner with developers, analysts, and tech leads across the enterprise, to identify business needs and appropriate technical solutions
- Development of Prototypes and Proof of Concept applications as required to prove new architectures and technologies
- Communication and stakeholder management of technology and business stakeholders
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to engineers to support business and operational partners.
- Provide mentoring and coaching for other architects within Architecture practice
- Build and manage the data architecture and design at both High level and low level
- Lead and participate in the peer review and QA of project architectural artifacts across organization through governance forums. Report key architecture decisions and implications.
- Drive project knowledge back to the standards and ensure that the Enterprise Data Model evolves correctly
Knowledge & Skills
- Must have 5+ years experience working as data architect at an enterprise level
- Excellent understanding of business challenges around delivery of Digital solutions at pace within a large organisation
- Ability to translate and articulate business requirements in terms appropriate to the audience
- Ability to determine the best technical solution to meet a business outcome.
- Strong understanding of how technology relates to business, market and industry and applies knowledge to support the needs of critical systems and projects
- Experience of working in commercial and financial institutions in a regulatory environment
- Experience with Micro Services, User Experience, Responsive Design, API Adoption, Cloud Stacks, Structured and Unstructured Databases and Big Data Platforms.
- Have a strong architecture background with deep knowledge of large scale enterprise business systems and solutions integration. Provide technical thought leadership and proven ability to compare and contrast different technologies to meet a business requirement and influence key stakeholders leading to adoption. Have in-depth conceptual functional and non-functional knowledge of:
- Service architecture - Experience of API and service based architectures using REST APIs, micro-services and utilising JSON for web applications
- Experience of the following technologies:
- RDBMS database technology - Oracle 11g+, Postgresql, etc
- NoSQL database technology – Cassandra, MongoDB, Graph database, etc
- Data analytics
- Data reporting
- CI/CD - tools such as Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Git, Stash, SonarQube, Performance centre
- Cloud Technologies - PaaS/IaaS/SaaS –Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure, etc
- Methods and delivery - DevOps processes and experience. Strong understanding of lean and agile methods of software delivery including Scrum, Kanban, Lean User Experience (UX), XP
- High availability and contingency solutions
- Knowledge of PCI DSS and PA DSS
- Working knowledge of several database platforms
- Must have a knowledge of machine learning, such as pattern recognition, classification and predictive modelling
- Must have experience in data mining
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations
- Promoted and led best practice in risk and compliance management
- Ability to dive in, understand both business and customer’s needs
- Detail oriented with a passion for Quality
- Have some base understanding of relevant statistical methods.
- Previous industry experience working with Data Science teams would be a distinct advantage.
For further information on this Data Architect role in Tipperary please contact Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.