GDPR Project Coordinator - Contract
Our client in Galway are looking to recruit a Data Compliance administrator for their site on a contract basis
Summary of Requirement
Our client is seeking the, full time support of an individual qualified in the area of data protection and with some experience of working with data and compliance for a 6 month contract. Ideally with some knowledge of and exposure to data protection regulations and implementing these in the work place. The role is to commence as soon as possible and run to year end 2018. They will work in a small team led by the Director of Corporate Services who is the Data Protection Officer.
The outputs will be related to supporting the implementation of our ongoing General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Programme and will include:
- Administering the issuing, and ensuring receipt of Data Processor Agreements.
- Support a programme of internal seminars and training until year end – drafting materials, presentations and assisting with delivery and follow up actions.
- Liaise with Contractor (RSM) charged with providing GDPR implementation advice – following up on implementation of actions, advice and ensuring this is disseminated internally to relevant teams.
- Support DPO in implementing effective internal network of Data Stewards and Data Coordinators.
- Research and evaluate options with HR for training courses for data coordinators.
- Assist DPO in producing and updating GDPR handbook, Policy documents, FAQ and reference materials.
- Liaise with Communication in confirming the GDPR “Monday Message”.
- Participate with the weekly GDPR meetings ensuring actions are followed up and delivered.
- Assisting with the investigation and closure of data breaches.
- Supporting teams in closing out their GDPR related actions and implementation plans including retention schedules
- Preparation of periodic reports for the senior management team and audit and risk committee.
Specification of Suitable Candidates
- Qualification in Data protection or related field.
- Must have worked before ideally in a busy office and / or research environment.
- Self-Starter, able to work effectively and independently with minimal supervision.
- Highly effective and articulate communications skills, both verbal and written (at all levels), including demonstrated experience in presenting technical data.
- Demonstrates strong experience of carrying out research into topics to include analysing and interpreting complex technical or legal data, with an ability to quickly assimilate information and to identify key issues.
- Experience of planning and delivering projects; delivering multiple outputs within agreed timeframes.
- A high level of computer literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, databases)
- Strong administration and organisational skills with good attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- High levels of numerical and literacy skills.
- Demonstrated excellent report writing skills.
For further information on this Data Compliance Administrator role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval