Our client, a medical device company in Limerick are currently looking to recruit a Data Protection Specialist for their site.
- Provide practical guidance and advice internally on Data Protection queries and matters in association with company Global and EMEA Data Privacy and Legal teams to ensure alignment.
- Maintain and develop Data Protection structures, policies, procedures and internal records/registers and implement updates where necessary in accordance with legal requirements and industry best practice.
- Deliver employee Data Protection training and continually review training programmes to ensure alignment with requirements.
- Work closely with the Information Security and IT departments to ensure that Data Protection requirements are incorporated into existing and new IT projects.
- Act as a liaison between functions and Information Security and IT in relation to explanation and resolution of Data Protection issues.
- Maintain the current Data Protection awareness programme and continue the development of data privacy framework.
- Work collaboratively with business functions to ensure that Data Protection considerations are incorporated at the outset of new projects.
- Support responses to data subject requests and supervisory authority queries (as appropriate).
- Proactively and collaboratively work with Data Protection coordinators to maintain compliance with current requirements and to develop and execute agreed solutions.
- Work with Data Protection coordinators to ensure that process efficiency and Data Protection requirements are complimentary.
- Assist with the investigation of data issues and resolution as may be required.
- Provide regular updates on Data Protection to EMEA Senior management team
- Work collaboratively with Company counterparts globally to achieve a one approach to Data Protection requirements.
- As appropriate, continue involvement in external Data Protection community activities.
- Participate in Global Ethics & Compliance initiatives.
- Ensure that the company brand and image is communicated in a positive and consistent manner to all customers, both external and internal.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in compliance with the company’s Quality Management System.
- Ensure that Code of Conduct is considered in all business matters carried out on the company’s behalf.
- Legal, IT or other relevant higher level qualification required.
- Good knowledge and understanding of European data protection and data security regulations.
- Professional experience working in a Data Protection related role in a commercial environment advantageous.
- Good understanding of IT technical requirements and challenges advantageous.
- Excellent analytical, reading/comprehension, writing skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi task prioritize a dynamic workload and manage conflicting deadlines.
- Must possess ability to exercise good judgment, communicate with clarity, diplomacy and discretion.
- Excellent leadership, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work independently under general supervision and occasionally work as part of a larger inter-disciplinary team.
- European language, other than English advantageous.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively on an individual and group basis.
- Availability and willingness to travel on company business.
For further information on this Data Protection Specialist role in Limerick please contact Dee Curley on 091 730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval