Our client, a food manufacturing company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit a data scientist for their site.
The Data Scientist’s role is to extract insights from a variety of data to enable predictions and data-driven decision-making. The Data Scientist will collaborate with business and technology associates to understand business questions, identify the right data sources and techniques and then, prepare data, develop and train models, develop algorithms (predictive and machine learning), present findings and results, and add to a library of re-usable assets.
Key results for this role are:
- Analytics solutions that meet criteria for business value, cost, time-to-deliver, and reusability
- Actionable insights for business teams
- Compliance with company and industry best practices and standards
- Work with subject matter experts and Data / Business Analysts to understand business questions, processes, and related data. Convert the information into a project charter with measurable deliverables and business goals.
- Integrate data from a variety of business subject areas: finance, Engineering; Operations; Supply Chain; IT and publicly available data.
- Analyse data to develop predictive models and identify data patterns and trends.
- Build validate and test predictive models.
- Manage analytics databases and data sets.
- Detect data anomalies.
- Develop data science strategies and approaches.
- Code algorithms and train models.
- Document processes and research, standards, guidelines, and best practices for teams utilizing the solutions
- University Degree or higher in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Maths or related field.
- Master’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Maths or related field is preferred.
- 5+ years of related professional experience, ideally in the Consumer products industry with a minimum of 3 years of experience in analytics & data science.
- Expert skills in statistical and predictive modelling and data mining.
- Advanced skills in SQL, Hadoop and one, or more, languages such as C#, Java, Python, R, Scala.
- Experience in one, or more, Big Data Technologies such as (Azure SQL DW, BigQuery, Cloudera, CosmosDB, Hortonworks, Hive, HBase, Kafka, Pivotal, Redshift, Spark, Storm, Vertica, Yarn). Strong preference for Azure expertise.
- Experience with Azure Insight and Analytics components is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of several machine learning algorithm types such as: Linear and Logistic Regression, Clustering, Decision Tree, SVM, Naive Bayes, K-Nearest Neighbours, K-Means, Random Forest, Dimensionality Reduction Algorithms, Gradient Boosting Algorithms.
- Ability to mentor others and increase the knowledge level in the team.
- Comfortable in both an indirect leadership and team-member role.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Up to date on latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently.
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
- Must be able to communicate complex solutions to nontechnical stakeholders in a way that can easily be understood. Data-science software tools can help visualize findings, but strong verbal communication skills are required to tell the story clearly.
- Work closely with team members to apply advanced analytics, modelling and simulation to replicate current issues and develop solutions.
- Communicate data analysis and insights using rich visualization tools.
- Able to inspire adoption of advanced analytics through effectively communicating the benefits.
For further information on this Data Science role in Mayo please contact Dee Curley on 086 7902191 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval