Contact: Karl Lippett
Telephone: 086 1070950
Data Scientist - Contract
Our client, a medical device company in Limerick are currently looking to recruit a Data Scientist for their site on a contract basis.
- Provides analytic services including design, analysis, interpretation, reporting, and communication of data evidence for QA and MAKE engineering.
- Demonstrates data mining and machine learning expertise based on a foundation of statistical principles and applied experience.
- Ensures the application of appropriate methodology to resolve business problems and meet project objectives with a demonstrated understanding of the functional area.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to translate complex business problems into an actionable analytics framework, with the support of Advanced Analytics management.
- Exercises judgement in the selection of data mining methods to ensure results are accurate and reproducible.
- Works cross-functionally to understand source data and to identify and resolve data integrity issues.
- Is effective in the use of relevant computational tools for data exploration, preparation, and analysis.
- Produces concise, well-documented, and error-free computer programs and reporting content.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Performs statistical analyses of data (60%)
- Communicate analysis results to project teams (30%)
- Other duties as assigned (10%)
- Master's degree in a Statistics discipline (e.g. Analytics, Statistics, Data Science, Industrial Engineering or related field with sufficient concentration of coursework in statistics) is required.
- An excellent knowledge of data mining algorithms for both supervised and unsupervised learning is required (e.g. generalized linear mixed models, classification and regression trees, neural networks, support vector machines, k-means clustering, random forests, ensemble modeling).
- Expertise in at least one statistical programming language for data mining and/or machine learning is required (e.g. R, SAS, Python).
- Proficiency in SAS Enterprise Miner software is preferred.
- Familiarity with big data software such as Hadoop is preferred.
- Medical device and/or manufacturing industry experience is preferred. This person must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to work on small to large projects in a team environment.
- This person must be a highly effective communicator and be able to work in a collaborative environment.
For further information on this Data Scientist role in Limerick please contact Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval