Job ID: JOB-13587
My multinational manufacturing client is hiring a Data Scientist for their award winning industry4.0 smart factory global team and is a fantastic opportunity to advance your career in this field.
This role will be a predominantly plant based on their site in Mayo but will allow some flexible working.
The Data Scientist is responsible for discovering the information hidden in vast amounts of data and supporting the business in making smarter decisions thereby driving significant business efficiencies. The primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, building high quality prediction systems and collaborating with key business stakeholders to optimize and streamline reporting and metrics, and implement solutions to create better business value.
- Work on the process of translating technical objectives into defined problems that can be solved by applying data science.
- Design algorithms to address current technical problems.
- Work closely with COE Team members to apply advanced analytics, modelling and simulation to replicate and anticipate issues.
- Uncover new technical problems that need to be solved and support better decision-making.
- Communicate data analysis and insights using rich visualization tools (e.g. Tableau; MicroStrategy; R; Power BI) and leverage data to present compelling cases to optimize solutions.
- Perform exploratory data analysis, generate and test working hypothesis, and uncover important trends and relationships.
- Provide expertise on mathematical concepts and inspire adoption of advanced analytics.
- A recognized Degree in Applied Statistics, Maths or a related quantitative discipline.
- Master’s Degree in applied statistics, applied maths, or related quantitative discipline preferred.
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience with relational databases, information and insights.
- Experience with modelling software, data mining techniques and methodologies.
- Experience with visualization software (Tableau, MicroStrategy).
- Experience leveraging cloud platforms and developing in SQL.
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Passionate, creative and forward-thinking individual.
- Must be able to communicate complex solutions to nontechnical stakeholders in a way that can easily be understood. Data-science software tools can help visualize findings, but strong verbal communication skills are required to tell the story clearly.
- Work closely with Centre Of Excellence team members to apply advanced analytics, modelling and simulation to replicate current issues and develop solutions.
- Communicate data analysis and insights using rich visualization tools
- Able to inspire adoption of advanced analytics through effectively communicating the benefits.
For further information on this Data Science role in Mayo please contact Dee Curley on 086 7902191 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
|mobile||+353 86 790 21 91|
|linkedIn profile||click here|
Production Operations Trainer
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13678 Production Operations Trainer Job Description: We are seeking a skilled and experienced Production Operations Trainer…
Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13677 Senior Supplier Quality Engineer (Hybrid) Our Client in Galway, a Globally leading Medical Device Organisation…
Manufacturing Engineer II
Galway City Galway
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13676 Manufacturing Engineer II We are looking to speak with an experienced Manufacturing Engineer about this…