Telephone: 086 1070950
Deep Learning Research Engineer
Our client, an automotive company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Deep Learning Research Engineer for their site.
- As a computer vision deep learning engineer, you will be responsible for the development of deep learning solutions enabling the next generation Automated Driving Platforms.
- Deep learning will be applied to classify all objects, road markings and surfaces in the vehicle environment.
- You will be responsible for the development of state of the art DL algorithms providing unprecedented scene understanding.
- You will be expected to remain abreast of technological developments in the rapidly expanding field of deep learning and its application in automotive.
- Perform state-of-the-art research into deep learning approaches and methodologies
- Support Intellectual Property activities and generate Invention Disclosure Memos to facilitate patent applications.
- Contribute to design reviews across algorithm teams.
- Design, train, and optimize Deep Neural Networks with a view to implementing on embedded DSP platforms
- Represent the company at various Industry Working Groups and at Conferences where directed
- Support the design and implementation of in-company training sessions in your area of expertise
- Develop and maintain relationship with university counterpart
- BSc degree and 2+ years of work experience, or MSc degree and 1+ years of work experience, or PhD in any area with a focus on deep learning
- Understanding of fundamental computer vision algorithms and approaches, with a focus on machine learning
- Excellent English language communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of innovation and motivation
- Specialisation in Machine Learning preferred
- Applied Deep Learning work experience preferred
- Academic publications in relevant field
- Experience with embedded devices (e.g. ARM, FPGA and DSP)
- Experience with parallel programming in CUDA, or OpenCL
- Algorithm development experience in robotics, sensor fusion, computer vision or applicable field
- Experience with PC-based simulation tools
- Knowledge of UML design tools
- Experience developing software for embedded platforms
- Experience with version control software
- Experience developing algorithms for autonomous and/or real-time systems
- Experience with imaging or optics systems
- Automotive industry experience
For further information on this Deep Learning Research Engineer role in Galway please contact Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.