The Demand Planner position is a key role within the strategic Supply Chain Group, acting as a link between ERP / Sales forecasts and Supply Chain as part of an SF&OP (Sales, Finance and Operations Planning) Process. With a strong drive to improve existing processes and systems, key objectives will be managing the Demand Planning in liaison with Sales, Production Planning and Purchasing.
Responsibilities will be to perform forecasts pre-analysis and statistical analysis, to propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecast accuracy, to present the demand plan information in a timely, accurate, ready-to-use condition to stakeholders of material planning, Production Planning as well as procurement and inventory level forecasting. Purchasing duties will also be required.
The Associate Director, Purchasing and Supply Chain has the authority to be the assignee in his/her absence.
• Exploit, analyse the Sales forecast from the ERP
• Interacts with sales to complete data collection and demand planning
• Liaise with commercial, lead and improve monthly forecasting and SF&OP processes.
• Focuses on issues and addresses any disconnections with the future forecast
• Presents the demand plan information in an adapted format for material and production planning
• Generate monthly forecast vs actual reports.
• Support management with risk assessments and mitigation activities.
• Successfully communicate forecast and inventory estimations to management.
• Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and business strategies.
• Conduct monthly forecast maintenance.
• Address demand-related issues in a timely and effective manner.
• Has a view on new products development plan to include in the overall Demand Plan
• Other Purchasing and Supply Chain duties as requested
• Complete special projects and assignments as requested.
- APICS certification (CPIM or CSCP) strongly desirable.
- 3+ years experience in capacity planning or master planning
- BA/BS degree with preferred areas of study in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operation Research.
- Experience in managing Forecasts, Supply planning, Purchasing, and Continuous Improvement.
- Significant experience using MRP / ERP systems, especially Advance Planning Systems and forecasting tools.
Other Specific Requirements:
• Excellent data analysis and numeric skills with the ability to evaluate, analyze and present data.
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills, ability to balance immediate/long term priorities and exceptional multi-tasking skills are necessary
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.Strong negotiation skills with the ability to reason and influence at all levels.
• Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities.
• Strong attention to details
• Proficiency in Excel.
For further information on this role please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Demand Planner Job Summary: The Demand Planner position is a key role within the strategic Supply Chain Group, acting as…
Production Planner required for growing company in CLare. This is an exciting time to join the company with a lot…
Planning Manager Purpose Statement: New Planning Manager role in medical device company in Cork. This is a result of a…