Design and Development Engineer
Job ID: JOB-11602
Title Design and Development Engineer
Duration: 12 months
Location: Parkmore, Galway
Start Date: ASAP
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Design and Development Engineer for their site.
This exciting position as a Design and Development Engineer is in the Cardiac Ablation Solutions organization. Successful candidate will partner with engineers at various manufacturing sites to develop manufacturing processes for our newest RF Ablation catheter.
Key Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Partner with process engineers to conduct designed experiments to develop robust manufacturing processes.
- Optimize equipment
- Execute IQ/OQ/PQ
- Conduct statistical analysis on process data
- Update manufacturing procedures
- Recommend optimal process settings to be used in production
- Develop tooling to be used in manufacturing
- Develop manufacturing procedures to be used at the manufacturing facilities
- Train assemblers on new manufacturing processes
- Collaborate on and/or author documents such as technical reports, PFMEAs and validation reports.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing issues that occur during product development cycle and provide technical solutions via analysis and hand-on interaction with designated processes.
- Collaborate with engineers at the manufacturing sites to implement manufacturing processes.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Third Level 8 Degree or higher in Electronic, Electrical, Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or related discipline and desirably with experience in a similar role.
- Minimum 2 years manufacturing, process development, or related experience
- Technical knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment
- Working knowledge of Statistical Analysis tools
- Computer skills such as Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Quality systems
- Experience interpreting mechanical drawings
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Strong communication/collaboration skills
- Desirable Qualifications:
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as laser welding, soldering, adhesive bonding, and assembly
- Prior experience in the Medical Device Industry
- Strong documentation skills
For further information on this role please contact Shane Connolly on 0872197421 or email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11736 Senior Quality Engineer – Process Validation A leading medical device manufacturer in Galway is recruiting for a…
Job ID: JOB-11735 Senior Operations Manager Our client a medical device MNC is recruiting for a leadership role in Galway….
Job ID: JOB-11731 Planner/Buyer Our client in South County Galway is recruiting for a planner/buyer to join their team, you…